Flowers

Did you do anything (or plan to) with your bouquet after the wedding?

vmj23vmj23 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
It has been about a month since my wedding (crazy, time flew!) and I didn't ever have a plan of what to do with it so I did nothing.  when I got home I stuck it in a vase with water to keep it as long as possible.  Now I have a bunch of dead flowers that I can't bring myself to throw out, but know it's time!   I wish I better prepared a way to save them, but I was too busy the days leading up to the wedding to give it any thought. 

Re: Did you do anything (or plan to) with your bouquet after the wedding?

• I threw it in the trash when we checked out of our hotel room the day after.
  • Crumple up some of the petals and put them into a clear ornament and hang it on your Christmas tree (that is if you celebrate Christmas)

Or take the petals (not crumpled) and fill a pretty small apothecary jar with them and display it in your home.

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Crumple up some of the petals and put them into a clear ornament and hang it on your Christmas tree (that is if you celebrate Christmas)

Or take the petals (not crumpled) and fill a pretty small apothecary jar with them and display it in your home.

good idea, thanks!  I saved the roses, since they kept their shape but ditched the rest (my bouquet was white and lavender hydrangeas, peonies and roses).  I def think i'll make some ornaments or put what I saved into a nice jar!
  • I pulled one flower out and saved it. I wish I had done what Maggie suggested!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I did the same thing as Addie
  • I took one flower out and have it pressed between some books in case I decide to do anything with it.  Otherwise, I didn't even take my bouquet with me.  I didn't toss it since I think bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. are gauche.  A friend just got engaged, so during reception I spent a moment with her, wished her happiness in her wedding planning, handed it to her, and moved on.  I don't have space for a dried bouquet and I'm not crafty, so I didn't need a bunch of pieces of it for anything.  I have no idea what the friend did with it and don't care--just as long as she knew I gave it to her to "pass along" some joy.
  • Maggie, I love the idea of putting some of the flowers in an ornament... a great memory every year!Do you need to do anything special to reserve the petals?
  • Maggie, I love the idea of putting some of the flowers in an ornament... a great memory every year!Do you need to do anything special to reserve the petals?
    I don't believe so.  It would be kind of like stuffing potpourri into an ornament except the potpourri is made up of your bouquet.

• I love the ornament idea, Maggie! Thanks, I am so doing this!!!

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards