Favors

Is this a favor you would want or am I wasting time on it?

I saw a tutorial for these bookmarks, and I thought they were fun since we're having a touch of literature to our wedding (FI is an English teacher, I'm a librarian). I made a few mockups (although if we decided to use them for favors, we would have a personalized touch on the back). Honest opinions, please. Would anyone actually think these are a nice favor?

Re: Is this a favor you would want or am I wasting time on it?

• If they're cheap and easy. Go for it.

I like bookmarks, but I also lose them all the time.

Anniversary
  • They're cute, but honestly I think most of these will end up in the trash. I'd lose this thing within a day or so.
  • I would like it as long as your names and wedding date are not on it. I'm an English teacher, so I'm a little biased.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They're cute.  This is a rare non-edible favor I'd actually use since I'm an avid reader.  That said, my DH would definitely not use it.  Nor would most of the guys I know (and probably several women as well).  So for that reason, I'd stick with edible.
  • I think they're cute and I love that they represent you both!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I wouldn't use it, but I do most of my reading on my Kindle so a book mark isn't really something I need. I honestly think that most people will never find a favor that every single person at their wedding will like so if you like it then just go with it.
  • I'm always shoving random pieces of paper in books to save my spot so I would end up using it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They're cute, but I wouldn't take one home.  I can't remember the last time I read a dead tree book.
  • I like them. I think favors that are personal to the couple like this are nice. I read paper books still though
  • Ellen032Ellen032 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2014
    Hi kdd2015, I like how you mentioned it is "touch of literature" that related to you and your fiancee.  I also appreciated how you used book pages from Harry Potter for the hearts!  To add more depth and texture to your bookmark design, you should consider adding layers (i.e. matting the bookmark or/and heart on top of another coordinating color).  I would also add your names and date on the bottom area via a custom made stamp (check Etsy) and vanilla embossing powder (to stand out on the purpose and also add texture). 
  • I think it's a cute idea, but don't get your feelings hurt if you see a bunch left behind or in the trash. Maybe you could tie them to a cookie or something.
  • I think they're adorable and I would certainly take one home but I wouldn't want it personalized.
  • Although they are very cute and a great idea, I wouldn't use it because I don't read that much. It would be in a box with my other favors.
    Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com
  • I wouldn't use it. I don't really use bookmarks (I just dog-ear the corner of the page - please don't yell at me!). But it's certainly cute. I agree that the personalization isn't needed (and would probably deter me even more). If you want, maybe just have a special quote put on the back. But I'd avoid anything with names or dates.
  • edited July 2014
    I would definitely use this adorable and super-handy favor since I usually use a receipt/business card/whatever is lying on my coffee table or bottom of my purse.  With that being said, someone like FI or my sister wouldn't use it since FI reads everything online and my sister is a big Kindle user.

I think you're 50/50 on this.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most people read on their kindles or iPads now.. I wouldn't use it either.
  • I would definitely use this adorable and super-handy favor since I usually use a receipt/business card/whatever is lying on my coffee table or bottom of my purse.  With that being said, someone like FI or my sister wouldn't use it since FI reads everything online and my sister is a big Kindle user.

I think you're 50/50 on this.  
    I think it's less than 50/50.  Sadly, many people do not reach much at all for fun.
  • I got one of these as a favor last month. One side had their love story on it and the other had where they made a donation to. I do read and yes its mostly on my kindle. But I loved that it was a bookmark, for the pure and simple fact that if it gets thrown in a drawer for months its ok. I don't think my boy took his but I also don't think he would have taken anything. 
  • I think this truly depends on your crowd. Do you know a lot of readers? Do they use e-readers? I would like this favor a lot if it was not personalized because I read often and usually lose my bookmarks, but I know others may not use it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We are actually looking at doing these, we are both avid readers, as are our families, so we think it would go over well. We're having a small wedding and based on the people we're inviting, I think most will use them. Would you mind either posting a link to the tutorial you mentioned, or emailing it to me? wildorchid79@live.com. FI is good with graphics, so I figure he can come up with something nice, and we're looking at making a few different ones with different romantic quotes from books (not putting our info on them). Thanks!
  •  Would I find them nice? Yes. Very, very nice! It's a thoughtful gift and they are meaningful to you, your FI, and your wedding. You're sharing a piece of yourself and giving your friends and family something that is important to you both.

Would I find them useful? No. However, I have a Kindle. It really depends on your guests, but I don't think anyone would (or could) fault you for these favors.
  • i would chuck this, but i'm sure a few people would use it.  my suggestion would be to ditch the purple heart layer.  i like the text, and think that just using it (mounted of course) would be more universally appealing.
  • i wouldnt do this. love the idea but a lot of people would toss them out. more and more people are using their computers tablets and kindles to read anything. 
  • I would use it, however my fiance would probably toss it. I'm having a hard time finding a gender neutral favor...many men dont have a use for "love bird" candles ya know? I love that your favor is personal but you also dont want to "waste" money on favors that guests may not have a use for. Maybe use as a bridal shower favor!
  • I would use it, however my fiance would probably toss it. I'm having a hard time finding a gender neutral favor...many men dont have a use for "love bird" candles ya know? I love that your favor is personal but you also dont want to "waste" money on favors that guests may not have a use for. Maybe use as a bridal shower favor!

Candy or a cookie are always gender neutral!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm an avid reader, so I'd love it! 
  • I rarely read paper books (other than to my 3 year old.) I read mostly on kindle. I think it is cute, but I would honestly lose it long before I had a chance to use it.
  • @sunflowers&curls - you're bumping old posts. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards