May 2014 Weddings

Changing your name

tammym1001tammym1001 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited June 2014 in May 2014 Weddings
Did any of you ladies start changing your name yet? I started the process last week and it's such a pain in the ass. I think it's going to take me months to make sure I get it changed on everything.

Re: Changing your name

• I started the process last week. The SS office was pretty easy, let's see how the MVA treats me. Good luck!
  • I started the process this week. DMV and bank is done. My credit card too. Still have to do SS. I've emailed VW for my car and they haven't gotten back to me yet. Annoying.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yup.  I've done most of my credit cards (except my debit card & bank accounts).  I went to the DMV last week to change it - made an appointment online, walked in & scanned the barcode they emailed me to get my ticket number, waited about 10 minutes until I was called, I also pre-filled out the application (online print-off) so al I had to do was take a new photo & pay the lady and I was done - in & out in 20 minutes!  I plan on going to SS this week now that school is over and I have some free days to run errands. 

I still need to switch my car insurance & cell phone (both still under my parents...I'm gonna miss those family plans where I didn't have to be an adult quite yet and pay a ton of bills lol!).  I'm also in the process of thinking about buying  new car, so hopefully maybe I can get my parents to keep me on their's until I do this way I just start fresh.  But I did just get put on hubby's health insurance (something that I haven't had in a long time!) so I'm pretty excited about that (police benefits are waaaayyy better than any teacher's lol).

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I did everything the tue following the wedding. It was abreeze for me. I didnt have any issues. We still have to get on the insurance thing, but ive officially been a jancola for over a month! Lol. We even got copues of our marriage license right away
  • The SS office and the BMV actually weren't bad for me either. I had to take a day off work to go do it, but that worked out ok. I'm just having a hard time remembering all the damn places that have my name. I think I'm a little older than some of you ladies so I have 20 years worth of crap that's in my name. LOL
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Just my bank and health insurance...I had to change my bank account to deposit the checks from the wedding and since I was adding my husband onto my insurance, so changed my name while I was at it. Planning on doing SS next, just need to find time to get there. Since I commute to work, i'll have to go in late one day (like 2+ hours late by the time I wait for them to open, so I've been putting it off). I am also in process of buying a new car, so I figure i can take care of all dmv/car insurance stuff at once. Once that stuff is set I'll do the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards