Not Engaged Yet

For my birthday, I got...

2»

Re: For my birthday, I got...

• Purple sapphires would be gorgeous! Love your inspiration photos!
  • Congrats!!  That's such a sweet story!
  • @KeptInStitches Thanks! Hopefully the jeweler FI (!!!) found will be able to do all of that. Not sure when we'll be able to go see him. I may or may not be carrying around the center stone in my purse and referring to it as My Precious. 

@travelcoffeemug0 Thank you! I'm so excited!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @weewittlewizabeth

TODDLER HANDS! ha! I can sympathize. I always call mine "baby hands". Fiance just laughs at me. 
  • The rings you posted with purple sapphires are gorgeous!! What a unique idea. I looooooove it!!!
    Anniversary

• Congratulations!  How thoughtful and creative is he?!?!  Can't wait to see the design you guys come up with.

• Congrats! I love the way your FI proposed...he obviously put a lot of thought into that. Also fun that you had people there to celebrate with right away!!!
  • @lilacck28 yes! tiny hands! I think we're roughly the same height, so I know you can relate. :) In high school a friend of mine always called them baby carrots. lol.

Thanks for all the love, everyone! FI really outdid himself. Although I obviously had very strong suspicions he was going to propose, he managed to surprise me. When I saw the 5 wrapped gifts, I figured it wasn't a proposal and just went about my day normally. I still didn't believe he was proposing when I opened the gift with the ring! lol. 

• Congratulations!!
  • Congrats! Purple sapphires would look incredible. We almost went with them for my ring, but ended up going with blue sapphires instead. I attached a picture so you can see what it looks like (my center stone is much smaller though)

Your proposal story is so sweet! Can't wait to see what your ring ends up looking like :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @kaitlynmichelle Your ring is beautiful! Thank you for posting the pic! I think we'll end up with similar rings. I just talked to FI, and we'll try and make an appointment with the jeweler for the 4th of July weekend. Crossing my fingers we can get everything on my wish list and that it won't take forever to make. 

• @kaitlynmichelle Your ring is beautiful! Thank you for posting the pic! I think we'll end up with similar rings. I just talked to FI, and we'll try and make an appointment with the jeweler for the 4th of July weekend. Crossing my fingers we can get everything on my wish list and that it won't take forever to make. 

Thank you :) My ring was a custom design and it took around 3 weeks from start to finish to complete. FI ended up having them being in 4 different sets of sapphires until he felt they were just the right colour.

I hope you will have your new shiny soon!

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats! What a lovely proposal story! I can't wait to see the ring y'all design together!

weewittlewizabeth and @lilacck28, I can totally relate to the tiny hands thing. I'm 5'7", but have the same size hands as my friend who can barely be counted as 5' tall and is tiny. A lot of rings look huge on my hand, but BF is happy as it means that anything over a caret in size looks way too big!

• Thanks, everyone! 

@loves2shop4shoes Pony next year maybe? lol

@kaitlynmichelle Awww that's sweet that your FI was so involved and concerned with every little detail about your ring. 

@FoxandBunny Yes, tiny hands help with carat size! My mom's ring is 3/4 carat (I think), and it looks pretty sizable on my finger now. The 1.5 carat moissanite is gonna be sooooo blingy! 

• @KeptInStitches Thanks! Hopefully the jeweler FI (!!!) found will be able to do all of that. Not sure when we'll be able to go see him. I may or may not be carrying around the center stone in my purse and referring to it as My Precious. 

@travelcoffeemug0 Thank you! I'm so excited!
    OMG, I called my diamond My Precious too!!  I don't think I ever left the house with it though, it made me too nervous!  Except shopping for settings, obviously.  I kept it under my keyboard tray to sneak peeks at it though! lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Congrats! I love your proposal story! 

• @Kelani23 Great minds :)@AuroraRose41 Thank you! He did a great job. My whole family keeps saying how proud they are of him lol

• I don't blame them! It was very creative (although not much of a surprise since he played it up so much!). I can only hope my BF comes up with something so sweet!

• I'm late but congrats!!! Thanks for sharing the great story :)  When I was reading it I was thinking you would have known from the 1st gift what the theme was!  But then again I didn't realize until my own engagement how completely clueless and easily fooled I am! lol :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @AuroraRose41 I'm sure he will!

@carliealissa Thank you! I actually had never heard the sixpence part of the rhyme, so I when I opened the first gift I remember thinking, "Oh, that's nice...are we going to London or something?" I started to clue in with the blue handkerchief but still wasn't 100% certain.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards