Destination Weddings Discussions

Punta Cana, DR - Best Wedding Resort? In need of some help.

Hi- 
Planning our destination wedding for April 2015 and I am torn? So I need to know best wedding resort in Punta Cana,DR? From your experience to your guests' experience, please. 
- Nightlife
- Beach view
- Food
- Wedding coordinator
.... Need it all. 

I was looking at Hard Rock but my friend said she had an OK experience and the cost was too high. 
So now I am looking at Majestic Elegance and Excellence resort. However, my travel agent did recommend the Now resorts as well. Share your thoughts, please. Budget is considered but a good experience will outweigh it - FOR SURE! 

Thanks in advance.

Re: Punta Cana, DR - Best Wedding Resort? In need of some help.

• We are having our wedding at the Excellence Resort, they give you the best bang for your buck. I have several friends that have frequented the resort, and have ready many great reviews.

The resort has dancing at night, but it is an adults only resort geared more towards relaxing.

I didn't like the packages that the Elegance offered. It was much more costly, and you got a lot less.

Good luck!

• Thanks for the insight. Our lil one will be with us, so I guess that rules out Excellence. Let me ask you, did you look at the Now Larimar?
  • I am working on booking my destination wedding for next summer at Paradisus Palma Real. It looks like a beautiful resort and has great package options! Every review I have read has been excellent. Pricing is reasonable as well. 
  • I know picking the location to have our dream destination wedding was incredibly hard because we also had a budget.
    We went all out with a 5* resort that our guests are still talking about. Everything was perfect.

We did the actual wedding offsite at a restaurant next door - WAY more personal than the converter belt of resort brides 3 times a day with tourists gawking at them. We gave our guests the cutest beach bags filled with goodies and we had photo/video for the whole thing. Best part was that our guests loved the location so much that many chose it for their next vacation...that is the best compliment. This is seriously the best place where the people treat you well, the food is incredible and plentiful, the entertainment is great, the beaches are gorgeous and the price is right....

Details:

Resort: Luxury Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda (superior service with butler included)
    Ceremony/Reception Venue: Kukua Restaurant
    Photographer/video: Blue Lagoon Studio
    Honeymoon: Secrets Royal Beach (30 minutes away)
    Guests giftbags: magicfeather.ca - they are presented to your guests at the airport upon arrival!
    We were there total 12 days with the wedding week and 5 day honeymoon and it cost us $12000 for everything.

Hope this helps you! GOOD LUCK and enjoy the planning!!!
  • Thanks for sharing- how many people did you have in attendance?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards