Wedding Party

Exes within the wedding party and the groomsman making a fuss

My best friend is getting married, and I'm her matron of honor. She already has her mind set on her bridal party until today... one of the groomsmen's current girlfriend asked who would be in the bridal party, and my best friend mentioned a girl who is the ex of this aforementioned groomsman. The current girlfriend made a big fuss to my BFF and mentioned that she will be telling her boyfriend about it, who is now making a big fuss about being in the same wedding party as his ex. My BFF really wants this girl to be in her bridal party, but she doesn't know how to handle the situation. Any advice?

Re: Exes within the wedding party and the groomsman making a fuss

• Unless they are all 12, one would hope they would all get the hell over it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• She should tell them both to get the fuck over it. Someone else's breakup should not mean she has to choose her bridal party accordingly.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yeah" they both need to get over it.

Anniversary
  • Unless this groomsman's ex did something horrific that caused them to break up, he and his current girlfriend need to calm down. No one is asking them to spend the whole evening together or to even talk to each other. Just don't have them walk in together and keep them seated fairly far apart and everything should be fine. 

How does this potential bridesmaid feel about the whole thing?
  • Everyone making a fuss needs to grow up and realize that someone else's wedding is not about their relationship or ex-relationship.  The only exception would be if something violent or illegal were involved, and there are no indications that anything along those lines happened.  The groomsman and his current girlfriend are out of line to bitch about it.
  • I was just a bridesmaid in March for one of my closest friends, and an ex was a groomsman. We had a pretty bad breakup and haven't really spoken in awhile. Sure, it was a little awkward, but we were there for our friends and the day wasn't about us. In the end it all worked out, no drama at all!
  • It'll be awkward at first but if they act like adults there shouldn't be any issues. Maybe current girlfriend has some jealousy issues she needs to work out. Maybe the ex girlfriend has some issues. Whatever the case is, its not their day. It's the bride and groom's day and they should be able to choose who they please for their wedding party.
  • I was just a bridesmaid in March for one of my closest friends, and an ex was a groomsman. We had a pretty bad breakup and haven't really spoken in awhile. Sure, it was a little awkward, but we were there for our friends and the day wasn't about us. In the end it all worked out, no drama at all!

Something similar happened to me, but it was an ex friend, not an ex boyfriend. Like you, it was awkward but we're adults, so it was drama free.

OP, I'm glad it's working out with your friend. the GM's current gf really needs to grow up or she's the one who's going to end up looking like the bad guy.
  • My ex and I were witnesses at a JOP together for our mutual friends a few months after we had a bad break up (we were together for 3.5 yrs b/w HS and CC).  We were only teenagers at the time but we acted like adults and got over it.  

Your GMs GF sounds insecure.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards