Snarky Brides

"Guest-List Drama! 5 People You Don't Have to Invite!"

http://www.dreamwedding.com/article/guest-list-drama-5-people-you-dont-have-invite

1 and 2: Unless you are very good friends with your ex, why would you?

3: Eh, I guess this depends on how you feel. I wouldn't, but FH wants to.

4: wat

5: I wasn't going to comment because the list was just "meh"-worthy, but this made me do it. I personally find it so rude to not invite SOs. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: "Guest-List Drama! 5 People You Don't Have to Invite!"

• 1. LMAO NO SHIT. I got a 3am drunk I love you text from that dipshit last week and I HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM IN TWO YEARS. Thank you internet list for confirming though, I wasn't sure.

2. FI is not interested in doing this, thank god

3. No?

4. She is going to be there anyway because she's a MOH and I'm paying her to do my hair for the event.

5. The writer of this list somehow managed to be both captain obvious re: the above and a perpetrator of shitty rude behavior.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I loled so hard. Drunken texts from ex's are SO painfully awkward, yet highly amusing (sometimes). Luckily I haven't gotten one in years.

• 1.  No way in heck would I have done this

2.  No way in heck would H have done this, BUT it's HIS decision, not mine.  I like how this article assumes the bride is the guest list nazi and can make all the decisions.

3.  Aint nobody got money to be inviting old friends you don't care about

4.  Whether you invite your hairdresser has nothing to do with whether she's your hairdresser... it has to do with whether you want this person at your wedding.

5.  If I weren't pregnant, things like this would make me need a drink.

SaveSave
  • 1. I wouldn't want to be in the same room as any of my exes let alone let them come to my wedding. They weren't good people.

2. One of his exes is coming to the wedding. His high school girlfriend who ended up marrying his best friend. She is great! 

3. Why would you invite an ex friend in the first place? There is a reason they are an ex friend.

4. Duh.

5. Not gonna touch that. 
  • 1. & 2. We're both inviting a few exes. 3 for me and 2 for her. Except two of my exes are dating each other. It's not normal but were friends with them all.

3. Would anyone consider inviting someone they weren't friends with? And why would my mom still be friends with them...?

4. Our hairdresser got an invite. But she's also a friend.

5. Just....no....no....
  • 1. ...part of me wants to invite my ex (I only really have one). The only thing giving me pause is FI - there's no feelings left between X and I, but I don't want to make FI feel uncomfortable. 

2. His most recent true ex is his ex-fiancé. He is cordial to her if he sees her, but does not talk to her. She texted him wishing him congrats on graduating, and he showed it to me right when he got it and didn't respond any more than "thanks". I doubt she'll be high on his priority list (although I'd do my best to make her welcome if she were invited).

3. Yeahumno. I don't have the money to properly host my current friends, which is why we're going family only. If we don't talk, I can't do shit for you. Sorry.

4. My brother's my hairstylist. He is definitely invited.

5. I am attempting to give everyone (over the age of 18) who is not married a +1. My best friend laughed at my optimism when I told her that. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • #5: I love that they pull this " husbands and boyfriends of 3 years get an automatic pass."  Right, because that bright-line rule makes perfect sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• 1. I'm inviting a HS ex. Technically, we were never officially boyfriend/girlfriend. But he is now one of my best friends, and is part of the crew. 

2. He's not inviting any.

3. Nope.

4. I no longer have a hairdresser (brazilian keratin, woot woot!), but maybe FI would want to invite his barber. He invited us to his wedding, and FI has known him for years.

5. FFS.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• 1. Dear god, no. That wouldn't ever be an option. The ex from my first serious relationship is still semi-in love with me, despite being awful for each other and the second ex I'd love to forget all together.

2. FI was with his ex for almost 9 years and if she hadn't been such a raging bitch when they broke up and he started dating me, they'd probably be friends and she may even have been invited to the wedding. And like @monkeysip said, it's the groom's decision on the guest list too, not just the bride.

3. I have plenty of friends that I'm close with now that aren't getting an invite due to cost. I certainly wouldn't be worried about not inviting something I haven't talked to in forever.

4. I haven't ever been able to find a decent hair dresser so that's out.

5. I want to bang my head against a wall every time I read some version of that "logic"

• 1. I considered inviting one of my exes. We're really good friends though, and only dated for a very short period of time, in the middle of several years of friendship before and after. But FI wasn't comfortable about it, so he got nixed. The rest, fuck to the no.

2. FI isn't on speaking terms with any of them, so that's a big fat duh.

3. Someone you're not even remotely friends with? Da fuq? I have people invited who I've grown apart from because that just happens sometimes. But I do still consider them friends and want them there.

4. I did consider this. We've hung out as friends outside of the salon, and I considered hiring her to do my hair and likely would have invited her to stay. But she moved far away so she doesn't even do my hair anymore, and hasn't initiated any kind of hanging out since then, so DELETE.

5. Sneaky sumbitch move to foist this one in amongst a bunch of "oh duhs"! Like, is someone trying to justify not inviting SOs so they wrote this trying to make it look like a super obvious call to make? Like "rules of life. don't lick toilet seats, don't try to stop a moving airplane propeller with your hand, and don't invite your friends' SOs to weddings unless they've been dating for 3 years."

• 1. My ex was my DH's best man. BM and I dated during college for about 3 months between serious relationships for both of us (very low key, most people didn't know including DH who lived in the dorm with ex). DH had no issue with it and neither did I. Also invited another ex who is now a really good friend, although he wasn't able to attend.

2. Both of DH's previous gf's cheated on him, so no, the skanks didn't make the guest list.

3. Nope.

4. Don't have one.

5. Everyone got a plus one to our wedding. Bf's and gf's were invited by name.
    Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick.
  • 1. One of my High School exes got an invite because we became friends many many years later, through Facebook no less. He ended up not coming to the wedding though, no show, now he his a #3.

2. None of his

3. Nope.

4. Nope.

5. Bangs head on wall. Really? 
  • My hairdresser's coming, because she's my FSIL (:
    And to 5:
  • Yep, I definitely agree that it's a different scenario if you are friends with an ex/hairdresser/whatever, but if you aren't friends, why bother!

• 1. Eh, no.  I'm not close to any of my exes, and the ex that would like to be close to me again, FI can't stand so....no.

2.  Probably going to happen.  Might even ask her DD to be FG, because she's the kiddo we're closest to as a couple.

3.  Eh, I still talk to all of my BFFs from school except for the ones from middle school.  

4. ...okay?

5.  Head, meet desk. 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • 3 years is so... arbitrary. Random. Oh you've been dating for three years? Then I'm sure you'll be together forever!!! My parents dated for three years. Divorced. My grandparents dated for 6 months. Nearly 60 years of marriage. 3 is not a magical number.
  • I don't HAVE to invite anyone. I just want the excuse to throw a party.

I'm still not inviting my sister.
  • #5: I love that they pull this " husbands and boyfriends of 3 years get an automatic pass."  Right, because that bright-line rule makes perfect sense.
    Two years and eleven months, you say?  NOPE the tribe has spoken!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards