Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid purposely ordered the wrong size dress

2»

Re: Bridesmaid purposely ordered the wrong size dress

• Options
    20lbs in 2 months is a lot and I'd be more concerned about her health than anything. Especially a teen girl who might choose a crash diet or unsafe food restriction.
    Yep, she'll probably try. Again, anything that she wants to do her parents allow her to do. She tried that lemonade thing when she was 16 and her parents allowed it. She only did it for like 2 days. She's an emotional eater and she has a thyroid problem and takes meds for a mood disorder, so there's already 2 strikes against her for losing any weight with ease. Clearly her parent's aren't concerned with her weight just with not making her mad...smh
  • Options
    beethery said:
    20lbs in 2 months is a lot and I'd be more concerned about her health than anything. Especially a teen girl who might choose a crash diet or unsafe food restriction.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this.
    I too agree with these two comments!  I don't think you should be as concerned with the dress not looking right or considering an alternative bridesmaid.  I'd be more concerned with your cousin's health.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I feel for you.  I'd order her CORRECT size myself and have it on backup just in case.  If it comes to it, say another bridesmaid had ordered two just in case, but she doesn't need it.

• Options
    I feel for you.  I'd order her CORRECT size myself and have it on backup just in case.  If it comes to it, say another bridesmaid had ordered two just in case, but she doesn't need it.

Thanks louien2013. My aunt is supposed to do that at the end of July, but you'd think she would do that now just in case the dress does sell out (which it has already in her size). I've taken the advice of some and I'm just not worried about it anymore. If she defaults out, then she defaults out.
  • Options

All my bm's ordered different sized dresses with different things in mind.  One went up a size to have it taken in to fit her body better because it was a weirdly shaped dress.  The other bought small to lose weight, granted we bought in october and the wedding is next month.  She had plenty of time to lose the weight safely! In the end, she did ask me before she bought that small if I minded and I said no, its your dress, your goal.  You do what you need to do to make it work. 

20 lbs in two months is a lot, and being concerned about her health is more resonable.  You shouldn't lose more than 1-2 pounds per week.  Maybe you should work out with her and be supportive instead of concerned if she can do it. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • Options
    logana1 said:

All my bm's ordered different sized dresses with different things in mind.  One went up a size to have it taken in to fit her body better because it was a weirdly shaped dress.  The other bought small to lose weight, granted we bought in october and the wedding is next month.  She had plenty of time to lose the weight safely! In the end, she did ask me before she bought that small if I minded and I said no, its your dress, your goal.  You do what you need to do to make it work. 

20 lbs in two months is a lot, and being concerned about her health is more resonable.  You shouldn't lose more than 1-2 pounds per week.  Maybe you should work out with her and be supportive instead of concerned if she can do it. 

That would be a good idea as I love to work out, but I live in another state. And also I get updates from time to time from family who live in that state and do encourage her to work out with them, like my mom who also loves to work out, that she doesn't show up or says maybe tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. It is what it is and I actually am not concerned about it anymore. I've given it to God (which I should've done to begin with) and at the end of the day if she fits it fine, but if not then she defaulted herself out and I've made peace with it if that happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards