Not Engaged Yet

Lets AW our venues, okay? :)

13»

Re: Lets AW our venues, okay? :)

• Thanks @keptinstiches and @BreMR

I'm so excited FI and I were able to get married there, because it has so much meaning to us! FI's family went to church there since they moved to the area and FI, all his siblings went to the churches grade school and FSIL had her PPD there. 

Then in June 2010 the Bishop closed the church, along with many others, due to 'low attendance'. FI and I were heart broken. The parish petitioned the Vatican to get the church reopened, however, they have not reopened a closed church in centuries, and never one in the US, so there wasn't a whole lot of hope. But low and behold, in the spring of 2012 they overruled the bishop and ordered the church (and 6 others in the Diocese) to be reopened! 

Once we got engaged, I knew that we had to get married there, it took a few twists of fate for FI to feel the same, but now we're all set for our wedding in 80 DAYS!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting some major venue envy over here...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @BreMR I love the setting on the beach too, but good to know that they have a gazebo that you could use if it's sweltering in the sun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @bride2b71614, that is gorgeous, what's the story of the space?  I mean, it looks like it is someone's house.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bride2b71614bride2b71614 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    @carliealissa, when FI and I went into the house I looked at him and said "this is the type of house I pictured while reading the Great Gatsby, its only missing the water and the green lantern". The coordinator overheard my comment and launched into its history. The mansion was owned by the Moore family in the 1920s, by the 1950s they made transformed the property into a country club. They restored it to its original 1920s form, and have maintained it ever since.  

Unbeknownst to me, my family has held events there prior to our wedding (my aunt had her bat mitzvah there), so I guess we are all for keeping tradition. I am excited to go dress shopping (a little iffy about actually trying them on) and hopefully I'll find a dress that fits well with our venue!

• @carliealissa, when FI and I went into the house I looked at him and said "this is the type of house I pictured while reading the Great Gatsby, its only missing the water and the green lantern". The coordinator overheard my comment and launched into its history. The mansion was owned by the Moore family in the 1920s, by the 1950s they made transformed the property into a country club. They restored it to its original 1920s form, and have maintained it ever since.  

Unbeknownst to me, my family has held events there prior to our wedding (my aunt had her bat mitzvah there), so I guess we are all for keeping tradition. I am excited to go dress shopping (a little iffy about actually trying them on) and hopefully I'll find a dress that fits well with our venue!

Nice!!  It's beautiful.  Are you doing a 20's/30's theme or not really?  At this point I can't even remember if we picked the theme or our venue first!! (Maybe "theme" is the wrong word, I know people have strong feelings about that)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @BreMR - Have you been to that resort? That is the first AI H and I (then BF) stayed at in Riviera Maya. Absolutely our favorite. the mexican restaurant and the restaurant on the water (dock side) were the best food in the place. Great snorkeling off the beach there. We loved our room, the staff was awesome. I didn't see a wedding there, but i'm sure they do a great job!!!
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @allusive007 I haven't been to that resort but I love hearing that you loved it!! That makes me feel even more excited!!
  • NEY but love the rustic round chandelier lights in a bunch of these photos.  Are they DIY?  Also, Yoho/Banff is so epic.  What a beautiful place for a wedding.  Rumor has it that my brother was conceived in Banff so be careful of all that romance!!!   
  • samboenda said:

NEY but love the rustic round chandelier lights in a bunch of these photos.  Are they DIY?  Also, Yoho/Banff is so epic.  What a beautiful place for a wedding.  Rumor has it that my brother was conceived in Banff so be careful of all that romance!!!   

We always talked about how cool Banff or Jasper would be when dream wedding talking. Then when we actually started wedding planning and looked at venues we realized it was actually a real possibility!

I'm so excited for the trip :D
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards