Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• I have a contribution to the completely unnecessary showing of your undergarments.

Holy moly! I can't believe someone actually did that!

BTW: can we please get past selective coloring? I hate it.  I have yet to see a picture where I thought "selective coloring really worked in this."
  • Kahlyla said:
    That bride is standing there in her hot coral underwear, yet my eyes are still drawn to the flyaways in her hair.
    I'm distracted by the headless groom.  What a terrible angle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Best. Wedding. Picture. Ever.
    "Best. Wedding. Picture. Ever."
  • Kahlyla said:
    That bride is standing there in her hot coral underwear, yet my eyes are still drawn to the flyaways in her hair.
    What an AW shot.  The photo is clearly not about the dress because that is off, the photo is clearly not about the reception or ceremony or anything, and it sure as hell is NOT about them as a couple because you can't even see the groom!  The only point to that photo is "Look at my body!  I need constant reassurance that I'm pretty so not even my wedding album is safe from mostly nude AW shots."  (FTR I have no problems with boudoir shoots etc. as long as you keep that relatively private.  Sure, you and your FI want to see each others' bodies.  Your facebook friends and family members, however, do not.)

Also, selective coloring is a photographer's way of saying "I have no idea what I'm doing, this is all artsy and shit, right?" 
    And why the hell is she getting naked in a field? 
    Anniversary

• Kahlyla said:
    What an AW shot.  The photo is clearly not about the dress because that is off, the photo is clearly not about the reception or ceremony or anything, and it sure as hell is NOT about them as a couple because you can't even see the groom!  The only point to that photo is "Look at my body!  I need constant reassurance that I'm pretty so not even my wedding album is safe from mostly nude AW shots."  (FTR I have no problems with boudoir shoots etc. as long as you keep that relatively private.  Sure, you and your FI want to see each others' bodies.  Your facebook friends and family members, however, do not.)

Also, selective coloring is a photographer's way of saying "I have no idea what I'm doing, this is all artsy and shit, right?" 
    YES, it's like this bride is saying, "I need the world to know I have a great body!  Look at my skinny waist!  Look at my ass!  Me me me!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• beethery said:
    Kahlyla said:
    What if the flyaways aren't that at all, but they're from the groom's hairstyle? How hilarious would that be?
    CANNOT UNSEE.
  • edited June 2014
    Although humorous 99.9% of the time, I wish I had waited until after my wedding to read this

ETA: That is to say that I'm victim of some of the overdone trends (mason jars, minimal burlap). Oh well 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    Kahlyla said:

Pretty much!  My photographer did a few photos that way, although she did versions without selective coloring as well.  Our wedding was one of her first, and I've noticed in some friends' weddings that she's recently done, there's no selective coloring to be seen.
  • At least there's no Pikachu fly away hairs.....
  • So I guess he'll be mounting that baby's head on a plaque over his tee-vee
  • The thread that keeps on giving. I'm on mobile so can't link but.... "Chalkboard groom's cake." Search for it on Pinterest. Because actual chalkboards just aren't enough!

• The thread that keeps on giving. I'm on mobile so can't link but.... "Chalkboard groom's cake." Search for it on Pinterest. Because actual chalkboards just aren't enough!

SIB

A little something like this?

Anniversary

• Sorry for the DP but I'm bored and browsing the wedding boards on Pinterest. Enjoy!

A piano.... in the middle of an empty field ... ok?

The caption said "Candles snaked down the staircase leading the way for guests."  How the heck are your guests supposed to walk down those stairs and then JUMP the candle line in heels and fancy clothes!?!

It's not enough to have chalkboard details, lets have a huge chalkboard BACKDROP!

• Why people feel the need to put chalkboards at their wedding, I'll never understand.  Chalkboards remind of me of elementary school, which is the last thing I'm trying to remember on my wedding day. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Why people feel the need to put chalkboards at their wedding, I'll never understand.  Chalkboards remind of me of elementary school, which is the last thing I'm trying to remember on my wedding day. 
    Why not just go all out and serve up some elemantary school realness?

Anniversary

SIB

Why on earth would you want something people are supposed to EAT to look like it's got chalk on it?! Blech. Plus, fondant tastes bad enough as it is without putting that much food coloring in it. Nope nope nope.

SIB

Groom's cakes aren't a huge thing where I'm from, but I was under the impression it's supposed to reflect the groom somehow- his hobbies or interests or something that everyone knows about him.

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but chalkboard is about the last thing someone would look at and say oh that's so WJ! It's like the bride couldn't even let him have his own cake, it had to fit in with the damn theme
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Wedding trend 2014: Temporary Tattoos For Your Wedding
    "Wedding trend 2014: Temporary Tattoos For Your Wedding"   Why?

Give your wedding guests something fun to do, with this folded quiz. Set at each place setting at the wedding reception.

"Give your wedding guests something fun to do, with this folded quiz. Set at each place setting at the wedding reception."   Most older guests wouldn't know what those things are, and do people really need to know more tidbits about you?

Icebreaker Coasters -- how fun are these? What a GREAT way to get to know other guests!
    "Icebreaker Coasters -- how fun are these? What a GREAT way to get to know other guests!"   Seriously?  

Polaroid Picture Booth. Cute idea.
    "Polaroid Picture Booth. Cute idea."  Honestly, I hate photo booths with stupid props.  

great wedding photo idea

"great wedding photo idea"    'Let's get a big frame and hold it up in the air and take a picture!'  ugh.

Uh.......I certainly didn't learn that in elementary school.... or ever.  

If it didn't only reflect me, I'd consider that. And if it wouldn't taste like butt because of the heavy colored frosting.
  • This thread made me LOL.

Burlap, mason jars, and chalkboards are banned from the premises at my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am guilty of pinning several of the things mentioned on here.

I was thinking of using mason jars and I do use them daily and think it would be cute. Now I'm wondering.

I've thought about having several signs with cute sayings on them as décor.

I've thought the pic of the bride covering the flower girl eyes was really cute, not the butt one tho.

I've pinned numerous pictures of wedding shots in hopes of giving my photographer a sense of what I'd like to have overall.

I have also thought about burlap and lace as cheap but cute decorations.

Now I am rethinking everything. I don't have anything purchased or set in stone so now is the time to look for inspiration I guess. I also have a very small budget which is why I thought of some of these things in the first place.

It's just disheartening to see. I agree with the commenter that said everything has already been done. There is no originality. I have thought this before, if I am looking for ideas online and take some one else's it's not original. The more I look at this site, pinterest, anything I'm thinking about eloping. Why bother to put anything together if everyone will judge me so harshly and be annoyed by everything? I really don't want to elope tho. I want my good, close friends there. Maybe I'll just keep it minimalistic.

• I am guilty of pinning several of the things mentioned on here.

I was thinking of using mason jars and I do use them daily and think it would be cute. Now I'm wondering.

I've thought about having several signs with cute sayings on them as décor.

I've thought the pic of the bride covering the flower girl eyes was really cute, not the butt one tho.

I've pinned numerous pictures of wedding shots in hopes of giving my photographer a sense of what I'd like to have overall.

I have also thought about burlap and lace as cheap but cute decorations.

Now I am rethinking everything. I don't have anything purchased or set in stone so now is the time to look for inspiration I guess. I also have a very small budget which is why I thought of some of these things in the first place.

It's just disheartening to see. I agree with the commenter that said everything has already been done. There is no originality. I have thought this before, if I am looking for ideas online and take some one else's it's not original. The more I look at this site, pinterest, anything I'm thinking about eloping. Why bother to put anything together if everyone will judge me so harshly and be annoyed by everything? I really don't want to elope tho. I want my good, close friends there. Maybe I'll just keep it minimalistic.

People are just mentioning what they personally don't like. There are tons of people who DO like these things. As long as you are being respectful to your guests and others around you, your wedding can be however you want to fit your taste. 

It make look really negative on here, but that's because people are saying what they don't like instead of all the things they do like. 

I did many things that other people wouldn't like. I had mismatched bridesmaids and groomsmen, LOTS of pink, and a wedding party with multi-colored hair. I also had my ring bearer in bear ears to be a ring "bear". Some people would totally hate that, but it doesn't matter. I hosted my guests correctly. They only had to open wallets to show ID if they wanted the drinks I provided. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards