Not Engaged Yet

Distract me

I have a doctor's appt (actually urgent care cause my doc is out of town) at 4:45 today.

It will probably involve needles, of which I am deathly phobic.  It may also involve a referral to a surgeon, which is obviously my worst nightmare (although I'm in pain, so I might be more agreeable today.)

I have my xanax and my H coming with me, but uggggh 4 hours is a long time to stress.
I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton

Re: Distract me

• That sucks :( I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and was nervous for no reason all day. I'm normally fine about going to the doctor, but it was hard yesterday. 

To make you feel better, here are some gifs that always make me smile (and will probably end up in my sig at some point)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @FoxandBunny I'm basically like the first one before any medical appt (especially procedures lol.)  I have to distract myself with reallllllly mundane activities.  solitaire on my ipad wins a lot of the time.

And ABC family because well I get sucked in :)  I'm doing pretty well currently, but I've had a lot of anti-anxiety practice lately so I guess I'm doing well.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Blue & White - I'm glad you're doing pretty well! I like to zone out to TV too, especially HGTV or Food Network. Or surfing TK, that works well too. 

I kept calling BF yesterday like "I'm so nervous and I have NO IDEA WHY! FIX IT!" and he would laugh and try and calm me down. 

• Ugh, is everything ok? I feel like I haven't seen you here lately (maybe I have been gone?) I hope you feel better and I'm sure you'll do great. 

This is how I imagine my kittens during yoga….

Kitty treadmill!

Here's a pug with dentures:

• Ugh I hope you feel better and everything goes well at the appointment! HUGS!

• Thanks all! All should be well after the appt. The worst they can suggest is surgery (which is the most common way to treat my disorder, and although it doesn't cure it, it might help at the moment.) Sooo we will see. I just kinda want to not hurt anymore - H is coming, so I'll be fine.
  • Almost there!!

Also, I just got the mail because duh, it's distracting and there's a "have you seen me" of a person who is 50 now.  She's been missing since she was 14, and it really saddened me they don't know anything about her yet.  She also has my name, so that didn't help.

What if she really is alive...36 years later? 

**I watched a LOT of unsolved mysteries as a kid, obviously**
  • Almost there!!

Also, I just got the mail because duh, it's distracting and there's a "have you seen me" of a person who is 50 now.  She's been missing since she was 14, and it really saddened me they don't know anything about her yet.  She also has my name, so that didn't help.

What if she really is alive...36 years later? 

**I watched a LOT of unsolved mysteries as a kid, obviously**
    I loved Unsolved Mysteries! That and Rescue 911 were the shizz back in the day. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards