Chit Chat

Still staring at my ring.

In the winter time, my fingers shrink a bit and I'm always afraid to lose my rings at work, so I don't wear them most of the time. Now that it's warm out I've started wearing my rings full time again. For some reason, I still cannot stop staring at my wedding ring. I've been married two years, I should be over this by now shouldn't I? I guess not. It's beautiful and I love looking at it. I figure my family will think I'm crazy for showing off my ring to them 2+ years into marriage, so I decided to share with you ladies instead. 

(Also, hello! I've not been around here for a while. Hope everyone's fairing well!)

Re: Still staring at my ring.

• So unique! Thanks for sharing!

I still look at mine all of the time, too :) I haven't worn them recently because of my hospital stays, so I get so excited when I can put them on!

• Oooohhh! I missed your siggy pic!
  • Moonlight! Yay!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sometimes I "play" with my ring by reflecting as much sunlight as I can through it. I have a moissanite, so it really fires. It's an awesome game.
  • Your ring is GORGEOUS!  I also always love staring at your sig  :)
    Anniversary

• that ring is gorgeous but until I enlarged the photo I was SO confused LMAO
  • It's beautiful- I understand completely!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Very pretty! I still stare at my e-ring all the time, but I've only had it for 4 months. I have the same problem with my fingers fluctuating in size. Have you looked into adding sizing beads to your rings so you can wear them all the time?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:
    Very pretty! I still stare at my e-ring all the time, but I've only had it for 4 months. I have the same problem with my fingers fluctuating in size. Have you looked into adding sizing beads to your rings so you can wear them all the time?
    I haven't looked into that. My only real problem is at work, because I wear gloves and I'm afraid the rings will pull off when I pull the gloves off. If they were randomly falling off during the day I might look into that.
  • It's a gorgeous ring! I love looking at my e ring too :) I'm looking now as I type.

And I looooooove your sig pic!!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Your rings are beautiful.

After 35 years, I still love my ring. It's not huge or fancy - a simple 1/2 carat emerald cut, nearly flawless diamond, but when it catches the light, it sparkles. I have never considered trading up or adding enhancements. 

• blabla89 said:
    Very pretty! I still stare at my e-ring all the time, but I've only had it for 4 months. I have the same problem with my fingers fluctuating in size. Have you looked into adding sizing beads to your rings so you can wear them all the time?
    I haven't looked into that. My only real problem is at work, because I wear gloves and I'm afraid the rings will pull off when I pull the gloves off. If they were randomly falling off during the day I might look into that.
    If your rings will fall off pulling gloves off, they're too loose. I had a glove (those tight latex-type) pull my ring partly off after getting engaged, and it was because my ring was a size and a half too big.
  • Glad to see you around again!!  I still stare at my ring too, just cos it's so shiny and pretty.  :)

• blabla89 said:
    If your rings will fall off pulling gloves off, they're too loose. I had a glove (those tight latex-type) pull my ring partly off after getting engaged, and it was because my ring was a size and a half too big.
    Thankfully, my wedding rings have never fallen off when I pull off gloves. However, I did lose a different ring one time that probably was a bit too big for me. That's what made me fear losing my wedding band, and thus choose not to wear it to work depending on the weather. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards