October 2014 Weddings

Gift for FI - check!

I thought about a wedding gift I would get for FI and knew it would not be jewelry...he doesn't wear much and is way too picky about watches. I knew he wanted a new shave kit for traveling and also know he has always wanted a bag from this sort of high-end (at least to me it is expensive) brand called Tumi. So, I bought him a leather Tumi shave kit...engraved with his initials for free! And it was on sale no less! I just know he is going to love it. His mom was with me and she loved it, too. Now I have to wait to give it to him...that's the crappy part! Do you plan on giving a gift to your FI? If so what?

Re: Gift for FI - check!

• That sounds like a great gift!

My FI is so hard to shop for and doesn't really have/want any type of material possessions. He's more about "experiences". So we decided to "gift" each other our honeymoon to Cancun! :)

I will probably still write him a heartfelt letter on the day-of. He's kind of a sap. LOL

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• FI is a 3rd generation railroader and loves old school classic things.  I found a set of cufflinks made from the date stamp of a rail spike...i'm pretty pumped about them

• I'm going to contact the Football Hall of Fame and see if they have gift cards or if I'd be able to get pre-admit tickets for FI, FI's Brother, and FI's Dad.  He's been talking about going to the Football Hall of Fame with 'the boys in his family' ever since I've known him an they've never went.

Anniversary
  • Sounds like everyone has some really awesome, personalized ideas! @Dignity100‌ my Dad is from Canton but I've managed to never go to the football hall of fame despite driving past it many times.
  • @Pepperally - as long as I don't have to go, I'm cool with buying the tickets (unless I can go to Stan Hywet Hall as part of the deal)! We live about 40 minutes away, so not far at all.

Anniversary
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I got FI an automatic watch made by Victoronix. It's a middle of the road brand but I think it will be a great start for him. He's expressed interest in a watch although he doesn't wear one currently so I'm hoping he really likes this one!

• @LaPeanut1018 - That is a good brand to start with!  FI is a watch fanatic which is why we have an agreement that I cannot buy him watches...mainly because he's too picky and I respect that. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @Pepperally Once you start getting in to those higher end brands watches get ridiculously expensive too! I would've loved to have given him a TAG Heuer but the $2,000 plus price tag was a little much for me. Maybe it will be a 10 year anniversary present. ;)

• FI is a watch guru as well..he has a few Tags and a Breitling (Sp?) and always looking at new models. I went to Radcliffe jewelers back in March and it was their last day of their semi-annual sale and I could not pass up the deal--i cannot wait to give him the Breitling b/c he spoils me so i figure its his turn : ) He is picky so i have my fingers crossed he likes it but he has to like b/c no return policy! Hah

• @LaPeanut1018 & @lhodgs2 - I wanted to get FI an engagement watch...a nice one...but he has to pick it out, and he has yet to take me up on the offer!  He also drools over Tags!

I'm sure your men will love their watches!!!

• I brought up the subject to my FI on whether we should get each other gifts. He said, "I'm already getting a gift!" When I asked what that was, he said "My gift is you!" Cue the dreamy sigh here! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards