May 2014 Weddings

Wedding pics

swood9614swood9614 member
5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2014 in May 2014 Weddings
I know wedding pictures take a while to edit and such. But we've only gotten a sneak peek of fives pictures and it's been almost six weeks. I wouldn't be upset but my photographer tool pictures of my friends two sons about a week after our wedding and has put tons of those photos online. Am I being bridzilla esque. Or do I have a right to be a little upset.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding pics

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    Did she give you a timeframe?  I know some photographers take a long time to go through and edit all the images.  I got mine just this week, at the 4 week mark, and many people who recently were married or knew someone married thought it was really quick.
  • I got mine after a month and everyone thought that was really fast too. When does your contract say they will have them back to you?
  • It took about 5 weeks to get all of mine. I chose the selects from a contact sheet before hand so I know that had a lot to do with the longer time frame.

Like PP's have said, did he/she give you a time frame?

I dont think it would hurt to shoot them an email.
  • No time frame. Unfortunately. I know they take a long time. It was more the fact that pictures I know were taken after my wedding, that were taken because I referred my friend to her, are done or at least a good portion of them, and I've only seen five pictures from my wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • swood9614 said:
    No time frame. Unfortunately. I know they take a long time. It was more the fact that pictures I know were taken after my wedding, that were taken because I referred my friend to her, are done or at least a good portion of them, and I've only seen five pictures from my wedding.
    It sounded like in your original post that those weren't wedding pictures though. Taking pictures of someone's kids and editing wedding pictures are two really different things and the wedding pictures are going to take way longer than that with any photographer. 
  • Mine told me 3 weeks. It still keeps getting longer. Now she cant put them on a disk or drive. Only able to put them in drop box. Thinfs keep coming up as to why I cant get my photos. I will begiving her until next weekend to load them all to my dropbox and have a disk sent out.. or I eill be taking it a step further.my thoughts are Dont take too much on that you cant handle, and dont take on jobs you cant complete because you have broken software, comouter, camera whatever.
  • This is a good reminder we learned from a lot of friend before we booked our photographer: Make sure you get the date for which your photos are supposed to be finished and in your hands in your contract before you hire.

I know it doesn't help now, I am sorry it's hard to wait, but we never would have thought of this unless we were told by various friends to make sure you get that date (or a timeline).

Hope it works out for the best for everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards