Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY!

We made it! What's on the agenda?

H and I will be in DE all weekend. Tomorrow is my goddaughter's first birthday party. I got her the cutest little outfits and I'm going to pick her up a doll or something to go with it. Little girls are so much fun to shop for! 

Sunday is my grandmom's 70th birthday shindig and I get to see @Sakalicious

Sunday is also Big Brother so I will need to be home from all of the festivities by 8. 

Re: FRIDAY!

• @Swazzle - you've got an exciting weekend!!!

Tonight:  Cleveland Gladiators game (arena football).

Saturday:  Bridesmaid dress shopping & I have my first appointment with therapist.  If weather is nice, hoping to take an evening bike ride.

Sunday:  No plans, maybe try to fit in another bike ride.  I need to start cleaning up around the house.

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead!

Tonight one of my girlfriends is coming over with her Chaweenie (Chihuahua and Dachshund mix) and we are going to order pizza, drink wine, and watch our puppies play.

Saturday I'm going to work out that morning and then go shopping for a new running outfit for the Peach Tree. I always get a new one each year. Then H and I will probably hang up a few more things around the house and chill for the rest of the day.

Sunday is church and probably cleaning. Maddux is due for his second round of puppy shots so we will be visiting the vet next week for those.   
  • @Dignity100 - Have fun BM dress shopping!

@southernpeach89 - I just had to google Chaweenie to see what it looks like LOL

• @Swazzle that sounds like so much fun!

Today I'm working a half day (hopefully) then getting some housework done. I've been crazy busy this week so I'm excited to have no plans tonight. Tomorrow I'm getting my hair done and then FI and I might go to a drive in movie. I just realized that summer is halfway over and we haven't been yet, and that's a problem.

Has anyone seen Maleficent or Think Like a Man? Reviews please?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @swazzle -I'm not a big fan of little dogs but he is super cute lol. His name is Joey lol.
  • Tonight FI is going out to play wingman to a friend.  I will probably just chill. 

Tomorrow I'm heading over to my mom's for WR stuff - trying on my dress for the first time since I bought it - bought it off rack so will be inspecting it for any repairs that the shop may need to do...some loose buttons/beads.  And also to see if it fits me any better...gotta lose about 10 lbs and I've lost a little so I'm hoping to see some progress.  Plus I will try it on with all of my accessories!  We're going to get ribbon for some DIY WR stuff as well.

Sunday is our usual day of getting stuff done around the house and grocery shopping.  Looking forward to a short workweek next week!!

• @Blabla89
    Maleficent - Follows Maleficent instead of Princess Aurora.  I thought it was going to be a lot more like Wicked.  I really thought it was done well.  I did NOT see the 3D version as I had read it wasn't worth the upgraded ticket price.  I plan on purchasing the Blu Ray when it is available.

@Southerpeach89 - have fun with your friend and the dog.  Some of my favorite times with my friends were doggy playdates!

@Severmilli12 - Good luck on getting the townhome!!

@Pepperally - I too am super excited about a short work week next week.  I think we all could use a break!

Anniversary
  • @blabla89 - I went to my first drive-in movie last summer in NY and absolutely LOVED it. I wish there was one closer to where I live. What are you having done to your hair?

@severmilli12 -OMG invitations!!!!!

@Pepperally - Take pics!

• Morning! Today H an I are working and tonight we will probably just eat Indian food and relax. 

Saturday is the big day!! We have the home inspection for our possible new home.  I'm nervous about the foundation issues though. Oh and I'm really going to be upset if the sellers are there during the inspection (right now they are insisting upon it).  The whole reason I missed the foundation issue when we first saw the house is because the sellers were talking to us the entire time we went through the house.  Grrrrrr....I'm going to have to be rude and completely ignore them if they are there for the inspection.

Sunday H and I settle in to live with my Mom (yes, you heard that right...H is a saint) for a few months while we *hopefully* close on our new home and do some renovations on it.

• @minskat30 - Hope everything goes well with your home.  Good luck living with your mom, I hope it's a short stay!!

Anniversary
  • Thanks @Dignity100!  I shouldn't rag on my mom though...she and I get along great and H loves her too but at 32 (me) and 37 (H), respectively, H and I are sort of used to living on our own. 

• Tonight I don't know if we're going to gaming or cleaning at the house. Three guesses which I'd prefer ... but FI could use the decompressing time in all fairness, and I could use the time with my friends. Maybe I'll do a quick surface clean when I get home.

Tomorrow FI's grandparents are coming to see the house. They offered to contribute to the wedding as well, so hopefully I can work around to what they'd like to contribute to and how much they'd like to contribute. Then while they're here we do more work on the house? That's what they think, anyway.

Sunday we work on the house and maybe even get back over to FI's apartment to clean and pack - that hasn't happened in quite a while. Maybe I can steer the grandparents that way on Saturday. It's all just the stuff, anyway, not the furniture.
  • Happy Friday!

I am so looking forward to this weekend, and I am in a fab mood! I get to leave work early and I have a 4 day weekend :)

Today I'm working until 2, then heading home to pick up my stuff for the weekend. FI and I have our engagement party tonight at his parents' place; they're getting a BBQ food truck and my mom is bringing a fantastic cake and it will be great to just have everyone all together.

Tomorrow morning I am headed up to our family cottage with my mom. My sister and her BF are coming up, and I think my grandpa is coming on Sunday. FI is coming up after church on Sunday evening, we'll stay for Monday and then head back late Monday evening. I am looking forward to sleeping in and hanging out on the dock and taking the boat out and just having a few days to relax.

Tuesday is a holiday here (Canada Day) so I'm not working, but FI has to (hence leaving the cottage Monday night, boooo). He works in construction management and his company chose to take Monday as the holiday and then work Tuesday so they can have 4 productive days. So I will get some stuff done at home and maybe go out and visit a couple friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Happy Friday!!!

Today I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get home early. I have an off-site meeting at 1pm today, which I was planning on going straight home from, but then my boss invited another CW to go with us. I'm worried that if he plans on going back to the office after, I might need to also. Everyone keep your fingers crossed my meeting lasts at least an hour and a half, giving me a chance of just going straight home!

Tomorrow FI and I are heading up to MA at 6am, to get to Amherst for my friend's wedding at 10. Post-ceremony, there's a backyard reception. We're coming home as early as we can, to hopefully get to enjoy a quiet Saturday evening at home for the first time all month.

Sunday will be a lazy day. I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @blabla89 - Wow, I haven't been to the drive in yet either! This must be fixed...

@Dignity100 - Have fun BM dress shopping!

@severmilli12 - YAY invitations!!! I want to start looking at stationary even though we have mooooonths to go lol

@minskat30 - Good luck with the inspection. Hopefully the homeowners leave you guys alone this time.

@TwoDimes - That's how I felt the day I had to have my ring sized; it felt so weird to not be wearing it, I was not okay with it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay Friday!!

Today I have a half day and then I'm going over one of the girl's from work's house to have lunch and drinks with everyone. Then I have to go home and play with the pup and most likely relax tonight.

Tomorrow BF and I are going to make a list and get everything done that needs to be done for our party next weekend, including but not limited to: finishing painting, a trip to BJ's for meat (pun intended), mowing the lawn, and fixing the shed doors. We are going to try our hardest to get it done in one day.

Sunday our friends invited us to the beach, so we told them we would only go if we could get everything done, so that will be our motivation. If not, then we will be continuing the get the house ready.

I am excited for the weekend to see just how much exercise I get in a day. I just bought myself a Fitbit to try to get into better shape. I need to do something and I think this will really help me to see my progress. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm still getting used to how to use it. TIA!
    friends tv show funy
  • FRIDAY!!!

@swazzle I'm beyond jealous that you and @sakalicious get to see each other! Hug each other for me! Pretend I'm there giving you mexican hugs. 

This weekend is looking like it might be a fun one! Tonight I think I'm just gonna do some cleaning, folding laundry and stuffing diapers. By the time I get home, snuggle baby, cook dinner, and snuggle some more, I'm just not able to find the motivation to fold clothes. So basically, the clean laundry gets dumped into the crib and then I fold it all Friday night/Saturday mornings. But it's kind of my Friday night relaxation thing. The piles of laundry drive my OCD through the roof all week and I get really wound up. And then Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...folding and release! I'll drink wine or beer while doing it.
    Hopefully nephew will be spending the night again this weekend. He fell off his bike on Wednesday and may have broken his arm. I'm waiting to hear what the orthopedic doc said yesterday. Vibes for the little stinker that he doesn't have to spend the summer in a cast (right now hes in one from pit to thumb)?? 
    Tomorrow I'll probably get up early and do more laundry and then make pancakes and bacon (really the bacon inside the pancake thing) for breakfast. Then it's off to the barn for Bean's lesson and then spending the whole afternoon at the barn for a party with our barn family! We're gonna grill out, drink a couple beers, and just relax with some of our favorite people!
    Sunday is church in the morning, and then probably heading the the farmer's market for some produce. Then home to veg and get ready for the week.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Awwww, @Beanbot2002 - good vibes for your nephew.  Summer in cast = no fun.
  • happy Friday!!

today, I'm off at 2 PM.  we're going to run by Sprout's and pick up this week's groceries, and then I'm going to squeeze in my Insanity work-out, clean up, and go out to eat with our Spanish-speaking group.

tomorrow I'm supposed to be getting up early (sigh) and heading to Dallas (meeting at 6 AM!) to go tour a couple museums with a few other women.  we should be back a little after dinner.  I wish that we would leave an hour later, and come back a little later, but oh well.  H is going to get new tires put on my car Saturday, and I think he's going to wash and vacuum my car, too.

Sunday we just have church, and I always get in a good nap on Sundays!
  • @Swazzle that sounds like fun! I'm jealous of you seeing @sakalicious. WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE IN THE SOUTH?!

I'm getting my hair done for the first time in MONTHS tonight. Not doing anything different really, just trying to find a new colorist/stylist. Hoping it goes well and I can AW pics.

The girls come home tonight from their dad's too! I'm really excited to see them. Summers suck because they're with him all week and we get the weekends. But it works. They're also each bringing a sister home, so we'll have 4 girls this weekend haha

• caseface5 said:
    Yay Friday!!

Today I have a half day and then I'm going over one of the girl's from work's house to have lunch and drinks with everyone. Then I have to go home and play with the pup and most likely relax tonight.

Tomorrow BF and I are going to make a list and get everything done that needs to be done for our party next weekend, including but not limited to: finishing painting, a trip to BJ's for meat (pun intended), mowing the lawn, and fixing the shed doors. We are going to try our hardest to get it done in one day.

Sunday our friends invited us to the beach, so we told them we would only go if we could get everything done, so that will be our motivation. If not, then we will be continuing the get the house ready.

I am excited for the weekend to see just how much exercise I get in a day. I just bought myself a Fitbit to try to get into better shape. I need to do something and I think this will really help me to see my progress. Anyone have any experience with them? I'm still getting used to how to use it. TIA!

I just bought one yesterday too!! Mine is actually a vivofit tough, and it's coming by mail, but I'm excited for the reminders to move!  I wish I had had it before I adopted Kelani, because I know I'm sleeping much worse now, but it would be nice to know how much worse :-P

I really needed a new watch anyway, and the fitbit doesn't have a display.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@minskat30 Good luck with the inspection! The sellers sound pretty obnoxious. I hated it when the sellers didn't leave the home while FI and I were searching for a house. I felt like I couldn't be honest about how I felt.

@Severmill12 Yay for sending your invitations! I've just started addressing mine. I've done 20 sets, still have 60 more to go.

I'm in straight meetings from about now until 1:30 this afternoon. FI is getting off of work early and we are leaving for our vacation to Indiana once I'm done with meetings and we've packed the car! Yay! We're driving halfway tonight and the rest of the way tomorrow so we'll have time to stop and see some friends on our way to FI's parent's house. I'll probably do some work this weekend so I can try to get ahead and I'll spend all of Monday working for sure...I really hate this end of quarter craziness! Once Monday is over though I'm shutting down my computer and NOT caring about work for the next 6 days. We'll mostly spend time doing stuff with FI's family but I'm hoping to hop over to Chicago for a day to visit my college BFF and maybe get some Gino's pizza (YUMM!).

• @severmilli12 - EEEK!!!! Wedding invitations!!!

@minskat30 - yay for home inspections! I hope everything goes well. Maybe you can warn the inspector and ask them to tell the homeowner to back up if they're following them around? 

@beanbot2002 - Hope your nephew is ok. Summer cast is not fun! 

• @Swazzle just getting my highlights touched up. My roots are out of control.

@TwoDimes our drive in theater is in the hood - very atlanta...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Blabla89 I've heard about that drive in theater lol!
  • @SouthernPeach89 if you've never been there, I highly recommend it. Despite being south of I-20 it's actually pretty safe, and it's fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @blabla89 -I guess the people who were talking about it said it wasn't what they expected but I'll have to tell H that we need to check it out for ourselves. It will be a drive but neither of us have been to a drive in before.
  • I am so bored and hungry, y'all.  today is dragging and my lunch is NOT going to be enough. 
  • I was suppose to work today but I think I possibly threw out my back by going down rapids yesterday. My back has been killing me all night and this morning. I'm guessing I'm just going relax and workout today. Most likely watch the new episode of catfish later on tonight. Maybe clean a little.

Tomorrow V and I are going to a benefit concert for the humane society at this B&B. It looks really cute on the website and I think it will be a fun day to hang out. There's going to be food trucks too! Its suppose to be from 12 to 6 pm. I don't think we will stay that long though.

Sunday I have no idea ha. Most likely hang out and rest my back. Plus workout too. I've lost three pounds so far! I know its small but its a great start! I hope it will be ok by Monday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards