Attire & Accessories Forum

Groomsmen colours to match?

Do the colour of suit/pants have to match my girls dresses? My girls will be wearing   and brown pants are not to be found anywhere around me. Would it look tacky for the guys to wear a darker grey? We don't want them wearing black as we are having an outdoor Wedding at the end of August. Any suggestions are appreaciated.

Re: Groomsmen colours to match?

• No they don't have to match. And, quite honestly, when BMs and GMs are too matchy/matchy, I think PROM. 

I like your idea of a dark gray suit.
    *********************************************************************************

• grey, navy, tan suits would all go well. As would jackets and pants. no matching required. 
  •  I also agree they do not have to match. Our groomsmen had ties and vests that matched our colours, (as well as BM dresses), but the suits did not. It tied all in to look like it all went together, but without being overly "matchy matchy." 

*J
  • Yeah, I really didn't want them to match but the brown of the BM dresses is very distinct and blues and blacks weren't looking too great. 

• Black or charcoal are neutrals.  They go with everything, including brown.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • What about a khaki suit? Or even navy?

• I think khaki or navy will look good like @emmaaa said. My bridesmaids are going to be in off-white dresses and the groosmen will wear khaki pants and tan vests. their boutonnieres might not even match the bouquets!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Generally speaking, neutrals work with almost any other colour.  Brown is a neutral.  Below are some suggestions.
    They could wear tan:
    Light tan/beige:
    Black:
  • thanx fot your input ladies! we went with charcoal grey pant and vest with a light green shirt as light green is my accent colour.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards