Chit Chat

Some people are so rude!!

So my fiance and I have decided to go to an amusement park / water park (whatever they're technically called) for our honeymoon. We're going to Cedar Point.  

Well with it being less than 1 month from the wedding, we have been getting asked where we're going on our honeymoon. We have no problem telling people where we're going but what really bothers us is the rude remarks we get in return. People ask why and we tell them it fits who we are and our personalities perfectly. We're really big kids at heart and love to goof around and have fun. We always do things like State Fair, etc every year so this is perfect and it's a place neither of us have been to so it's nice to go somewhere for the first time together. Then they reply with "well how is that really a honeymoon if you do things like that all the time?" or "well I guess not everyone can afford a real honeymoon". 

So rude!!!

Re: Some people are so rude!!

• That's awful. I'm sorry people are being so rude. Cedar Point sounds like so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your honeymoon sounds awesome. My FI loves Cedar Point; I'm actually surprised he didn't suggest it for our honeymoon!
    Anniversary

• It's been years, but I loved Cedar Point when we went!  I plan to go back with H one day!  You guys will have a blast, don't let the Debbie Downers get to you!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Why do they even CARE? It's pretty natural for someone to ask where you're going on your HM, but why do they feel the need to judge it? 

• A honeymoon is a vacation.  Period.  So if that is where you want to go on your vacation then go and have a blast and screw the naysayers.

• Since when does a HM have to be a trip you drop $$$ on? That's ridiculous. And I think Cedar Point sounds like so much fun. 
  • Cedar Point sounds like a great HM to me!  FI and I love theme parks and roller coasters, so that is right up our alley. Neither of us have been there before, but it is on our list of theme parks to visit.
  • I live in NW Ohio and loooooove Cedar Point! It sounds like fun. H and I went to Put-In-Bay for three days for our honeymoon. I don't think some people looked at that as a "real" honeymoon either, but it was just H and I, enjoying each other after our wedding. It was perfect for us. Have fun!
  • I'm sorry that people are being so freaking rude about your HM! It is going to be a wonderful time that you and your FH will remember forever. I would simply respond with, "Well I'm glad you won't have to endure a honeymoon that you think it crappy."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh, people can be so rude. I think your honeymoon sounds awesome!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• That sounds like a perfectly awesome honeymoon!  It's not like you're going to the center for disease control.  Friggin' rock that park, yo!!

I never understood this!  Why does someone hate on something that is completely separate from them and has no effect on their lives whatsoever???  YOU don't like my honeymoon?  I don't like your face!  You aren't going, so who cares?  I'm going to ride all the rides just to piss you off!

I have never anger-water parked before, but I could cuz I'm fuckin' petty!

Have the time of your life!!

• people are dumb! there is a ton to do in that area. You could go to cedar point, go to the beach on the lake, go to put in bay. A honeymoon doesnt have to be in a carribean island or Hawaii. I know a lot of people around here just go up to northern michigan for their honeymoons.....it doesnt make it less of a honeymoon.
  • That sounds like a perfectly awesome honeymoon!  It's not like you're going to the center for disease control.  Friggin' rock that park, yo!!

I never understood this!  Why does someone hate on something that is completely separate from them and has no effect on their lives whatsoever???  YOU don't like my honeymoon?  I don't like your face!  You aren't going, so who cares?  I'm going to ride all the rides just to piss you off!

I have never anger-water parked before, but I could cuz I'm fuckin' petty!

Have the time of your life!!
    DID YOU GO DOWN A SLIDE AND THEN GET A SNO-CONE??? NO???? YOU MISSED OUT THEN, SHITWEEN! I HAD A FUCKING SNO-CONE AND WENT SWIMMING. WHAT DID YOU DO? YA FUCKED UP BY NOT GOING TO CEDAR POINT. THAT'S WHAT.

I'm going to lose friends if I get any kind of crazy-talk from people. I can tell.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Jeeze people are ridiculous! It's the same if you have a small, private ceremony instead of a big wedding. What do you mean you aren't having a big wedding or an expensive honeymoon? Uh- maybe because your priorities are different? People seriously need to mind their own business and realize not everyone has the same idea of fun, nice, appropriate, etc. 

I wanted to do a roadtrip honeymoon- but my husband convinced me to do a big European trip. Which I loved, don't get me wrong- but I'm getting my road trip next summer :) 
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Everyone in my social circle goes to Mexico or Florida for their honeymoons. It's just this weird thing, I guess. I told someone I wasn't going there for my honeymoon, and they were all like don't feel bad you can't afford it!

Then I dropped the bomb that we are saving to go to Europe for a month or two.

That's what you get for being roode. BOOM

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SBmini said:
    larrygaga said:
    Everyone in my social circle goes to Mexico or Florida for their honeymoons. It's just this weird thing, I guess. I told someone I wasn't going there for my honeymoon, and they were all like don't feel bad you can't afford it!

Then I dropped the bomb that we are saving to go to Europe for a month or two.

That's what you get for being roode. BOOM

Can't afford to go to Florida or Mexico? 

Forgive me for being a snob, but when I think expensive vacation- Florida and Mexico aren't exactly the first destinations that cross my mind. 

BOXXX

I don't think you are a snob. I don't know a lot of people with a lot of money. What is snobby is them commenting on it at all. Florida is the vacation everyone takes because it's a two day drive on I75 so it's the most affordable tropical place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Um, anybody that doesn't think Cedar Point is a great vacation has obviously never been to Cedar Point because it's AWESOME.

• People are seriously dumb.  

Perhaps the people making these comments are trying to justify how much they (over)spent on their own honeymoons.
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Um... Cedar Point is amazing. That sounds like an awesome honeymoon!!

We've gotten some crap because we're going to Peru so we can hike to Machu Picchu. I just laugh at it. My favorite so far "oh honey... This is why you shouldn't let the man pick the honeymoon. Wouldn't you much rather lay a beach and relax?".... Um... No. Machu Picchu was my idea and I think that hiking is relaxing. These people obviously don't know us well because if they did they would realize that we spend almost every weekend in the summer hiking somewhere.
  • I got this a lot for wanting to go to Disneyland, and I've seen a few threads on here where people were being snarky about going to DL or DW for a HM.

Different strokes for different folks. I've never even heard of Cedar Point. I'm going to look it up now.
    IT'S AMERICA'S ROCKIN' ROLLER COAST!!! 

I'm very regionally biased. :-p

• I've only been to the Detroit airport and now I want to go to fucking Cedar Point.

I think they should use 'YA FUCKED UP BY NOT GOING TO CEDAR POINT' in their advertising. I wouldn't even be mad if they didn't give me credit.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    We're going to Gatlinburg, TN and staying in the mountains for our honeymoon. Guess its not a real honeymoon though since its not some fancy schmancy tropical place or out of the country. People are ridiculous. We went to Gatlinburg for our first vacation together and fell in love with the mountains.

All I need to have an amazing honeymoon will be my husband.
    Anniversary

• slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    hlvonb said:
    So my fiance and I have decided to go to an amusement park / water park (whatever they're technically called) for our honeymoon. We're going to Cedar Point.  

Well with it being less than 1 month from the wedding, we have been getting asked where we're going on our honeymoon. We have no problem telling people where we're going but what really bothers us is the rude remarks we get in return. People ask why and we tell them it fits who we are and our personalities perfectly. We're really big kids at heart and love to goof around and have fun. We always do things like State Fair, etc every year so this is perfect and it's a place neither of us have been to so it's nice to go somewhere for the first time together. Then they reply with "well how is that really a honeymoon if you do things like that all the time?" or "well I guess not everyone can afford a real honeymoon". 

So rude!!!
    Joke's on them, because Cedar Point is THE SHIT.

Seriously, I moved from Michigan years ago and I compare every amusement park to it.  So fucking awesome.

Anyways.  People suck.  CP is the best.  Ride Millenium Force for me.  End of story.

ETA because THIS:
    Anniversary

• People are so terrible. And Cedar Point is amazing and like the best amusement park in the WORLD. Screw them
  • edited June 2014
    Jerks! Cedar Point is the bomb dignity!!

Are you staying at CP? If not I have some half off admission coupons I can mail ya :) We got them at my alumni day there earlier this year and won't be able to go back this year...bummer!

eta- bc autocorrect sucks big time
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We're going to Gatlinburg, TN and staying in the mountains for our honeymoon. Guess its not a real honeymoon though since its not some fancy schmancy tropical place or out of the country. People are ridiculous. We went to Gatlinburg for our first vacation together and fell in love with the mountains.

All I need to have an amazing honeymoon will be my husband.
    This.

Im getting shit from the FMIL for not taking a honeymoon right away.  We need to "Get away and take time for ourselves."  Uhhh we live together and have for many years.  We can take a vacay whenever we want.  After the wedding is christmas, then new years, then a ton of other shit.  We are going in april to something in the country.  Plus, I'm not planning a trip on top of planning a wedding.  I'm too lazy.

Everyone!  Take all or none of the honeymoons you want to all  of the places you wanna be!  Or stay at home and read Game of Thrones, which is what I will be doing.

• We are not just having our honeymoon at an amusement part, we are having the ceremony and reception at Disneyland! Not only that, our immediate families will be with us the whole time (not in our room, but we are all going to the parks together). We can vacation anytime and really wanted to enjoy the place with our families. We too are big kids and plan whole trips around amusement parks. I think your honeymoon sounds great and something I would do. Fortunately our friends and family get us, or are at least polite enough to not say anything. We are getting more flak for not having a big party than for where the party is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards