October 2014 Weddings

The Little Details

So I recently made a To-Do list of all the little things that I need to get done and this just popped into my head while making the list....who is going to help me out of my dress on the night of my wedding!!?? I have a million little buttons down the back of my dress and I know that my FH is not going to be able to undo all of them and plus I feel that that would totally kill the mood if you know what I mean lol ;). So now I'm considering doing a change right before we leave the reception so that way my mom and MOH can help me out of my dress and into something more easily accessible?? Thoughts anyone??

Re: The Little Details

• Changing is a good idea. I've been teasing FH that he'll have to undo 50 buttons, a zipper, 5 hook and eyes (a dress panel), then 10 more hook and eyes (from my longline bra). He could do it, but I would take quite some time. Good luck!
  • The lady who did my alterations recommended having a crochet hook available to help with the buttons.  Is your dress all buttons?  Mine has buttons that actually close over a zipper, so I can have my MOH undo the buttons, but the zipper will still keep my dress on and closed until I decide to take it off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Emily104 said:

The lady who did my alterations recommended having a crochet hook available to help with the buttons.  Is your dress all buttons?  Mine has buttons that actually close over a zipper, so I can have my MOH undo the buttons, but the zipper will still keep my dress on and closed until I decide to take it off. 

I like the idea of stepping out of the reception for a few moments to undo the buttons while the zipper keeps the dress up. FI wants to change after dinner as its Halloween but I am rocking my dress to the very end :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've had several people ask if I'm doing a dress change, but we are going to have a nightcap with our late night crew after the reception and I plan to rock my dress to the very end!  I also have a lot of buttons, but the FH is going to have to suck it up and help me.  I'm pretty sure he'll be motivated enough to get me out of that dress, if you know what I mean LOL!!!
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm glad my dress is just a zipper. FH should be able to handle that. I'm debating about changing out of my dress after we arrive at the reception, just for comfort.
  • I never even thought of this little detail...I have buttons all the way up the back to my neck!  Some part of it is a zipper with buttons covering, but a good majority is buttons.  He's just gonna have to deal!  I'm wearing my dress until I get to the room! 

• I was planning on changing into a little dress for the ride home. No one has to see you in this dress, but it makes getting UNdressed much easier :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Emily104 Yes my dress has a zipper under the buttons and I don't know why I didn't think about it! I am just going to undo the buttons so I can wear my dress when we leave!! Thanks for that idea!!
  • My dress has a corset back, so it shouldn't be an issue for him, he's used to unlacing a corset for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards