Wedding Party

Party of 10. :(

2»

Re: Party of 10. :(

• Ten bridesmaids for a PPD?! one bridesmaid is too many for a PPD.

OP here are three very quick ways to solve all of your problems:

1.) You should not have any BRIDEsmaids as you are not a bride, you are a wife.
    2.) You are not a bachelorette therefore there shouldn't be a bachelorette party.
    3.) You shouldn't be stressed about wedding planning because your wedding already happened. You are planning a party.

Please remember, you are a married woman. I think these women are not interested because they are not participating in an actual wedding, but rather a play acting redo. 
  • I'd be hella pissed if one of my friends expected me to drop $$$ on a fake wedding. Because that's essentially what you're planning. You are not a bride. There's no need for bridesmaids. There should be no bachelorette party. You decided to forego all of that when you had the wedding you chose. By all means, have a lovely vow renewal. But this is a circus. Seriously. 
  • To all if you who have commented about my different post on a different thread you may all have your opinions about my reasoning to do this big wedding renewal. It may not be etiquette or in anyone else's liking but it's my choice along with my husband to have something big. Us having bridesmaids and groomsmen are our choice as well. Us rereading our vows and sharing our experience with both of our families this time is also our choice. On the other thread I am touching on a topic that one person wrote that JOP aren't the real deal. And I said that it is. It's sad that instead of encouraging someone to just enjoy the fact that they are renewing their vows and deciding to do it in this LAVISH way you speak bad and talk down. Regardless of my me being married I am planning bow renewal and just asked for advice not get hung in the process because I am already married. Look at how Heidi klum and seal renewed their vows every year and did it in a lavish way. It's my choice with my husband to do this our way. And if you all have a problem then it's your problem. And to let whoever read know my friend is upset because not because i am already married she is upset at the fact I want to spend money to do it again. She feel that I am stupid to want to pay the amount we are just for his grandma to bear witness. Everyone is going to have their opinions about how they feel but so what. This is my day that I am creating.

• JenLee217 said:

To all if you who have commented about my different post on a different thread you may all have your opinions about my reasoning to do this big wedding renewal. It may not be etiquette or in anyone else's liking but it's my choice along with my husband to have something big. Us having bridesmaids and groomsmen are our choice as well. Us rereading our vows and sharing our experience with both of our families this time is also our choice. On the other thread I am touching on a topic that one person wrote that JOP aren't the real deal. And I said that it is. It's sad that instead of encouraging someone to just enjoy the fact that they are renewing their vows and deciding to do it in this LAVISH way you speak bad and talk down. Regardless of my me being married I am planning bow renewal and just asked for advice not get hung in the process because I am already married. Look at how Heidi klum and seal renewed their vows every year and did it in a lavish way. It's my choice with my husband to do this our way. And if you all have a problem then it's your problem. And to let whoever read know my friend is upset because not because i am already married she is upset at the fact I want to spend money to do it again. She feel that I am stupid to want to pay the amount we are just for his grandma to bear witness. Everyone is going to have their opinions about how they feel but so what. This is my day that I am creating.

1.) Me deciding to punch a friend in the face is MY choice. "It may not be etiquette or in anyone else's liking but it's my choice". See how silly that sounds?

2.) You are not a bride and he is not a groom. The fact that you would ask your friends to spend money on this speaks volumes about your character. That is SO selfish. If it is that important for you to have these people stand up in a play (which is what this is) you should pay for all of their theatre costumes, er, I mean dresses. You already went ahead and got married without them so they can't mean THAT much to you. 

3.) Heidi Klum and Seal are now divorced. Is that what you want to base your marriage on? Brash celebrity performances? That is sad and pathetic.

4.) your grandma isn't bearing witness to anything except a play. And you are losing friends in the process. What exactly is the pros of doing this except that you will get to be the centre of attention?

5.) You had your day. It was last year.   My sweet 16 wasn't big enough for me, so I am throwing a sweet 16 party. You all have to come and watch my dad give me keys to a car, and party like you were 16 even though we are all in our 20s and 30s. You can't judge my choice, it is MY day that I am creating.  See, don't you see how ridiculous that looks?

You both need to grow up and quit being so narcissistic. Why are you entitled to a big white wedding day? If it was that important, you should have done it the first time around. 

Beyond that, your friend probably thinks it's stupid and outrageous that she is expected to spend a ton of money herself on a dress, hair, make up, etc. to participate in a vow renewal.

I think vow renewals are great for milestone anniversaries. . .15 years, 25 years, 50 years. Not 1 year. And while I think they an be huge blow out parties, I don't think they should be treated as a wedding re-do- no bridal party, no pre wedding showers or parties, huge white ballgown, no bouquet or garter tosses. Those are inappropriate for a vow renewal.

I think you can dress up, have a single spotlight dance, and have a great cake that you cut, but wait for an actual milestone anniversary to do it.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Listen, you can plan whatever circus of a day you want. But are you REALLY shocked that your friends don't care about your lavish vow renewal? Are you really surprised that they don't want to plan you parties and spend money on a dress? I think that is what is most shocking to me. Throw your party. But stop demanding your friends take part in this. 
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2014
    I don't care if you want to throw a big party. Fine, do it. 

Like I said, many PPD's often don't bother me, because the explanations for some of them makes sense to me.  But you said you wanted the small wedding because you wanted it to be intimate. You chose how you wanted to get married, and you did it that way! That's great! But now  you want a large, lavish affair? huh? I just don't get it. 
  • Also, if memory serves correctly, Heidi Klum and Seal had low key vow renewals each year before their divorce.  It seemed as if they were family vacations with their children that also included their vow renewals - we only saw the pictures because of the paparazzi getting pics.

Now Matt Damon and his wife DID have a lavish PPD in Italy last year, so maybe use them as your example, especially since they are still married.

• Also, if memory serves correctly, Heidi Klum and Seal had low key vow renewals each year before their divorce.  It seemed as if they were family vacations with their children that also included their vow renewals - we only saw the pictures because of the paparazzi getting pics.

Now Matt Damon and his wife DID have a lavish PPD in Italy last year, so maybe use them as your example, especially since they are still married.

Yeah, but haven't they been married for something close to or above 10 years already? Which is different then doing it after 1 year. 10 times different. 
  • I'm sorry, but just for clarification you're having a bridal party for your vow renewal, right? Perhaps your friend who seems to have lost interest is acting like that partially due to you already being married?

OP, even if this were actually a wedding, your friend and sister aren't doing anything wrong. They are under no obligation to be obsessing over your (fake) wedding/participating in group shopping/be involved in pre-(fake) wedding parties. But the fact that this is a ridiculous re-do makes their behavior 100% understandable. Frankly, I never would have agreed to even be a part of this shit.
  • OP, please please for the live of all things holy, learn how to spell and how to use grammar. Please!? And if you want advice for your vow renewal, here is your advice: don't make it look like you're trying to re-do your wedding. It's just tacky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards