October 2013 Weddings

I caught him last night

I was so shocked, I caught my fiance last night watching one of my saved episodes of Four Weddings.

He looked over to me and said "I don't know why she thought that was a good idea"

I definately cried a little. He's totally on board with wedding planning. TEAM US!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog

Re: I caught him last night

• That's awesome!  :  )   Cute story.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Interesting

• That's really cute.  I love it when the guys are involved. I'm lucky that hubs2be wants to be too!
  • I really don't understand how him watching a show is considered "on board" with wedding planning? Maybe there was nothing else he wanted to watch on?

• Maybe he was in shock from the stupidity. My FI and I had this happen with both bridezillas and Jersey Shore it was so exceptionally stupid we couldn't stop watching. It was like watching a train wreck horrifying but you cant tear your eyes away.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I think it is cute.  I laughed.  i know sometimes i am watching a bridal show like my fair wedding and my FI has headphones on but I catch him watching how david changes things.  At least it gives me a sense of what his style is when he comments.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-caught-him-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:22976f59-eff6-48b8-a708-18f014d17854Post:220dc36b-be8c-41b6-b20c-2c4ac4aa5053">Re: I caught him last night</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really don't understand how him watching a show is considered "on board" with wedding planning? Maybe there was nothing else he wanted to watch on?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I was looking for the "like" symbol for this comment.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies are hilarious! It was just a moment that I thought I'd share. It wasn't really up for interpretation I don't understand why you wanted to.

But since explanation is requiered to make the story understandable.

He always said that he wanted to be involved in the wedding planning but he has never really been able to keep up with the conversation since the world of weddings is very new to him. I say that in this moment I recongized that he's on board with wedding planning because he doesn't want our wedding to turn into the train wreck as presented in the show. He always wanted to be involved but now he has a working understanding why ABC would be much better than XYZ. He has also been going through the collection of wedding magazines lately, when I'm not around. My FI is much more of a sci-fi, shoot-em-up, old westerns kinda guy. I was surprised to see him watching a wedding show period since he usually detests them and pleads for us to watch anything else lol. He took one for the team, on his own time, and I was completely surprised.

And we have the super delux movie and more cable package as well as a samsung internet TV with hulu, netflix, youtube ect so really he could have been watching what ever he wanted, and an xbox with the newest video games. The man had options for his evening entertainment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • @JaneAustin Thanks! He is a sweetheart.

@SimplyME It's it a great feeling when your FI wants to make a difference in the wedding? Mine has started building our wedding arch and just scheduled our food tasting along with a night's stay at our reception venue/main accomedation location. I'm so happy to see him working on things with me making our wedding our first big project together.

@DwingedPixi Lol he was! He didn't realize that people would actually execute so many bad ideas with obvious unfavorable consequences! lol

@Shannie Youre FI sounds sweet! Mine also will look up from whatever he's doing to notice something from time to time and I quickly make a note of what it was lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-caught-him-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:22976f59-eff6-48b8-a708-18f014d17854Post:23197691-ec38-4b55-b93a-f08e8791a63d">Re: I caught him last night</a>:
    [QUOTE]You ladies are hilarious! It was just a moment that I thought I'd share. It wasn't really up for interpretation I don't understand why you wanted to. But since explanation is requiered to make the story understandable. He always said that he wanted to be involved in the wedding planning but he has never really been able to keep up with the conversation since the world of weddings is very new to him. I say that in this moment I recongized that he's on board with wedding planning because he doesn't want our wedding to turn into the train wreck as presented in the show. He always wanted to be involved but now he has a working understanding why ABC would be much better than XYZ. He has also been going through the collection of wedding magazines lately, when I'm not around. My FI is much more of a sci-fi, shoot-em-up, old westerns kinda guy. I was surprised to see him watching a wedding show period since he usually detests them and pleads for us to watch anything else lol. He took one for the team, on his own time, and I was completely surprised. And we have the super delux movie and more cable package as well as a samsung internet TV with hulu, netflix, youtube ect so really he could have been watching what ever he wanted, and an xbox with the newest video games. The man had options for his evening entertainment.
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

This makes more sense then just saying he's on board because of watching one show. You have to remember this is the internet so sometimes more of an explaination of other things going on in the OP would help people understand better.

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2012
    As I have quickly learned, everything is up for interpretation on TK (which is why there is a comment box) and explanation is often times required.  I liked the explanation, though.  It's cute!

• @Rochell lol thanks. I noticed that too. On TK someone is always trying to correct or scrutinize someone else they know minimal about. And Oh when a man joins a board EVERY women on the board has 200 positive things to say to him no matter what his post was about. X-D

@Stina it's hard to decide when a long story is appropriate and when a short one would suffice. I guess it's nothing but long posts for me lol. I thought that the neccesary information was there for readers to get the point.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_i-caught-him-last-night?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:22976f59-eff6-48b8-a708-18f014d17854Post:694b3b8a-8215-4fea-851c-f1943382d701">Re: I caught him last night</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Rochell lol thanks. I noticed that too. On TK someone is always trying to correct or scrutinize someone else they know minimal about. And Oh when a man joins a board EVERY women on the board has 200 positive things to say to him no matter what his post was about. X-D @Stina it's hard to decide when a long story is appropriate and when a short one would suffice. I guess it's nothing but long posts for me lol. I thought that the neccesary information was there for readers to get the point.
    Posted by GoldenCityDreamer[/QUOTE]

I think you're over thinking it too much. Honestly if I said the same thing, I bet you'd scratch your head wondering where I got the idea he was into the wedding planning just based off watching a tv show.

Also, with regards to your comment to Rochell, I think that is untrue. I am on a bunch of other threads too and what you stated, I don't really see it. Its not scrutinizing if the OP is clear on what she is trying to say. Based on your OP I scratched my head thinking "umm if FI was watching a show like that I wouldn't get he was on board with planning, Id get that he was flipping through the channels and noticed some of those wack jobs and its like a car wreck, when you drive by, you stare. A single comment doesn't make him being on board with planning.

If you think we scrutinize everything you say, maybe TK isn't the place for you? Over at weddingbee, they'd get exactly what you are saying. Here, you need to be clear. Don't get butt hurt when someone doesn't get what you are trying to say esp if you aren't clear. It is the internet, things are not necessarily taken the way you want it. Also, they way you interpreted Rochell's comment, I don't get that either, thats not what she said.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards