Wedding Etiquette Forum

Guest attire at bridal shower

2»

Re: Guest attire at bridal shower

• Ugh, I commented lol.

I kinda have a BM like yours. When I told her that for their dresses I was just going to pick a color and fabric she said: "No, you can't do that. You have to tell us more."
    So I said, "Well, I'd rather you guys pick a style that you're all comfortable in. Not everyone has the same body type."
    And then she said: "No, that's your job to find us a dress, don't cheap out on your job! We will deal with whatever you pick."
  • Ugh, I commented lol.

I kinda have a BM like yours. When I told her that for their dresses I was just going to pick a color and fabric she said: "No, you can't do that. You have to tell us more."
    So I said, "Well, I'd rather you guys pick a style that you're all comfortable in. Not everyone has the same body type."
    And then she said: "No, that's your job to find us a dress, don't cheap out on your job! We will deal with whatever you pick."
    I upvoted your comment. :)

• Ugh, I commented lol.

I upvoted you and I posted as well.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• MagicInk said:
    Why is anyone taking advice from Lauren Conrad? Isn't that kind of like taking advice from a Kardashian?
    Not saying that etiquette advice from Lauren Conrad is good but if I had a choice between the two I would pick her over a Kardashian any day.

• MagicInk said:
    Why is anyone taking advice from Lauren Conrad? Isn't that kind of like taking advice from a Kardashian?
    Not saying that etiquette advice from Lauren Conrad is good but if I had a choice between the two I would pick her over a Kardashian any day.
    Valid point. But I feel like there probably better people then either of them. Basically anyone else who is not famous because they had a reality show about how hard it is to grow up rich. I'm sorry...upper-middle class. It was really hard.
  • Ugh, I commented lol.

I have one just like that too. And I had basically the same conversation. I listed three colors I liked, and a length (short). That really freaked her out. After her freak out and another situation, I'm going with navy (not one of the three original colors). The bridesmaid that freaked out over the lack of direction already has a navy dress and was worried that her navy wouldn't match the other two's navy. I sent her pictures of mismatched navy and she calmed down. I love her, but... 
  • downtondivadowntondiva member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    OP, your friend's dress is not white. It is white and aqua. She needs to quit overthinking this. 

As for the "wisdom" of Lauren Conrad, I think it's completely unnecessary for the bride to wear white to the bridal shower. Anyone who is attending the shower will know who you are whatever color you're wearing. If someone is kind enough to throw one for me, I don't plan on wearing white. 

Also, not wearing red or black as a guest? Please. There is nothing wrong with wearing black to a special event as long you don't look funereal on a happy occasion. Maybe it's just because I wear a lot of black, but I've always thought this was a silly rule.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Tell your friend no one will notice what dress she wears; guests will be too busy giving the side eye to the cousin that shows up in jeans.

In all seriousness, what a guest wears to a shower is not a big deal.  She is thinking too hard about this.  And t was nice of you to offer her a backup dress from your closet.

• If someone wore navy blue to my shower, I'd think they were really excited about my wedding and wanted to get in with the "theme." I certainly wouldn't be mad.

I can see why some might side eye white on a guest at one of those events, but you've made it clear you don't care. She should just wear the damn dress.
    Anniversary
  • Since when is black not acceptable everywhere?
  • sarahufl said:
    Since when is black not acceptable everywhere?
    Since people- mostly women- are fucking crazy and read waaaaaay to much into things.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards