October 2014 Weddings

Cake Toppers!

Hey Brides! I was just curious what kind of cake topper you are going with, if you have gotten it yet! My FI and I went back and forth when it came to what to go on top of the cake - I wanted a Monograph O for our last name, and he wanted the Simpsons because he is a fanatic. I bought a Monograph cake topper from Amazon, and upon receiving it, found it completely shattered and in pieces. I took it as a sign - 

We then found this beauty. We own two beautiful miniature dachshunds, who will not be able to join us on our wedding day because we are getting married out of state from where we live. I found this cake topper on Etsy, and since they are the same color as both of our dachshunds, I felt like it was made for us. FI agreed, and I cannot wait to have these little guys on our wedding cake! As a way, its like having our babies there with us, wish I wish they could be. 

I feel like a cake topper can say a lot about the couple! Post your cake toppers here, I would love to see and hear a story behind them if they have any huge significance between your FI and yourself, if any! 

image image

Re: Cake Toppers!

• I don't have it yet, but we also went with a topper that will feature our two Labs.  I found a seller on Etsy that will customize the dogs based on pics of your own pets.  I asked if she could add top hats and bow ties and she said "of course!"  LOL!  I can't wait to see it.  Silly, but we really wanted to incorporate them somehow and thought this would be a fun way to do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @weeniedogs - that cake topper is ADORABLE!!!!  Thanks, now I'm re-thinking my cake topper!

The one that is supposed to come with my cake is this one:

Anniversary
  • This is going to be what mine will sort of look like, but with 3 cats.

• I ordered a custom cake topper made out of clay sort of like the one right above. I hope it looks exactly like us (in cartoon form of course). I sent the artist a zillion pictures so it would be spot on. I also went with an Etsy seller called Enchanted You. It's supposed to come Sept. 8th. Can't wait!!!
  • We are going simple. We are ordering a glass heart, with entertwined etched hearts in it...personalized with our name and date. We couldn't agree on anything else...and overall didn't want something cartoony. He didn't like the "traditional" toppers either.
  • Well I WAS going to do this (https://www.etsy.com/listing/151795203/custom-wedding-cake-topper-purple-theme?ref=cat_gallery_18&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery), but then my FMIL bought me a bride and groom Pez (I collect Pez) and ongoing to use that now because it's perfect for me! (Fi doesn't care what we use so long as cake is under it.)
  • I am leaning towards getting a monogramed F for our last name.  I've also like the ones that say "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" but I'm having hard time picturing what it will look like on the cake.
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm going to make something similar to this for our small cake.
  • imageSo here's our cake topper.  We also find this one on Etsy.  The cake isn't ours, but the TARDIS is what she's making for us.  :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I just ordered our! It fits us perfectly :) 
  • I want this sooooo much but can't find much info on it except that it WAS on etsy and now the item has expired :(

FI wants to put it in his man cave after the wedding...
  • This is our topper :] FI let me splurge on this because he loved it too
  • Is it strange that we're not doing a cake topper? I'm very much a minimalist and were doing a small bunch of flowers sitting on the tiers of the cakes, but that's it. Fiancé had no feelings on a cake topper as long as the cake had a cannoli filling!
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • LDay2014 said:
    I want this sooooo much but can't find much info on it except that it WAS on etsy and now the item has expired :(

FI wants to put it in his man cave after the wedding…
    Just send the picture to the Etsy seller (or any other Etsy seller who does similar products) and they can make it for you specially.
  •  

jennyp37 said:
    Is it strange that we're not doing a cake topper? I'm very much a minimalist and were doing a small bunch of flowers sitting on the tiers of the cakes, but that's it. Fiancé had no feelings on a cake topper as long as the cake had a cannoli filling!

I'm only doing some flowers toward the top tier, nothing else.
  • This is ours. I saw a similar one on Etsy and decided to try and make it myself. It came out pretty well I think :)
  • That came out really well! Good for you. I considered making mine as well, and then got discouraged because of the million other DIY things to do. Lol
  • Glad I'm not the only one @Pepperally‌
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • @Pepperally‌ @jennyp37‌ our cake is the same; no topper.We are having fondant flowers one the top tier with gold ribbon instead of blue

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bocinskie said:
    I just ordered our! It fits us perfectly :) 
    Ours is the same! Love it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • We are doing Godzilla and Jane Austin action figures on top of a classic cake. It suits us. Although the figures may just go next to the cake because the bakery is not happy we are providing our own figurines, although they did admit the idea was fun.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we're using this one. Its really cute because we're using frames for various things at the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • I ordered ours on etsy. They are 2 cats - customized to look like our 2 cats. We couldnt agree on much except for that one. Can't wait to see them!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards