Wedding Woes

"Wedding Curse" Continues..

I recently posted about our string of bad luck about two weeks ago and things haven't gotten better. In the last two weeks, I was rear-ended on the highway and the guy drove off (slight back pain and I was told not to work out for a bit, which is what every bride with 3 months to go wants to hear) and then our invites came in (after being printed again for being crooked) and we noticed that half the invites were a little fuzzy in the printing. So we just had to laugh it off because things are definitely start to get a little ridiculous and decided to give the fuzzy invites to some of our elderly guests who may not notice and to FHs friends who will just throw them away.
Then today I woke up to about 10 missed calls and 6 voicemails. Our engagement announcement was in my hometown paper and instead of us "soon to be wed" in September we had apparently already gotten married last September and the ceremony was "lovely".. needless to say our wedding story is turning into a comedy of errors. I don't think I'm going to bother contacting the newspaper, but I guess I don't need to put our wedding announcement in the paper after our wedding now. :)

Soo.. does anyone have any curse breakers out there?!?

Re: "Wedding Curse" Continues..

• Holy water maybe?

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time.  At least you find humor in the little things :)

The highway thing....seriously, you have grace under pressure because I'd be livid.  Positive thoughts headed you way!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's ok, just imagine Charlotte's wedding from Sex in the City. I think Carrie said something along the lines "the worst the wedding, the better the marriage"
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Wow! I'm sorry, that sounds like a whole buncha mess!

The only words of advice I can give are to keep your chin up, and sometimes you just have to laugh. Life can be ridiculous, but think about when you and FI are happy in eachother's arms in the future, married and laughing in bed about how nothing could keep you down!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So happy I do not have to spend so much time worrying about all of this stuff as I am having a destination wedding with just Fiance and I. We do have to plan a small reception when we get back, but that is it. I hope the process gets a little easier on you though! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @goldchocobo I'm starting to think about bathing in holy water! I actually have the guy's license plate number, yet my insurance has yet to do anything! It's been over two weeks. :(

@grabows14 My bridesmaid told me I should just be thankful I didn't include a picture because I would most certainly had a "hitler 'stache" a la Charlotte lol. 

@pompeymagnus Thanks! All we can really do is laugh. We joke that we are just going to be grateful when we go back to the days of arguing about who does the dishes and what's for dinner!

@futuremrsk515 Thanks! Count your lucky stars that you have had it a little easier! Ours is sort of destination (without all of the lovely ocean views) because it's 2 hours away so our friends & families (I'm from PA, he NJ) can meet in the middle. I find it so difficult to deal with vendors and plans being so far away!
  • drina0218 said:
    @goldchocobo I'm starting to think about bathing in holy water! I actually have the guy's license plate number, yet my insurance has yet to do anything! It's been over two weeks. :(

@grabows14 My bridesmaid told me I should just be thankful I didn't include a picture because I would most certainly had a "hitler 'stache" a la Charlotte lol. 

@pompeymagnus Thanks! All we can really do is laugh. We joke that we are just going to be grateful when we go back to the days of arguing about who does the dishes and what's for dinner!

@futuremrsk515 Thanks! Count your lucky stars that you have had it a little easier! Ours is sort of destination (without all of the lovely ocean views) because it's 2 hours away so our friends & families (I'm from PA, he NJ) can meet in the middle. I find it so difficult to deal with vendors and plans being so far away!
    I completely understand feeling cursed! But, you will get through it and you will be married. Keeping your sense of humor is a must!

To the bolded, if you haven't already call the Police and report it as a hit and run. And call a lawyer. Often insurance companies are much more amenable to responding to an attorney.
  • That's quite a string of events! Hopefully they are able to get the guy and he has insurance. Hope for the best with that.

I'm a week and a half away from getting married, and I can completely understand the cursed feeling. Remember that not everything will go right and it seems like you have a really healthy sense of humor from your original post.

I would definitely keep a copy of the marriage announcement that went out and save it in a scrap book. Later on when you look back to that, you will laugh at all the little things that went wrong during the wedding planning!
  • @thegardenbride thank you! We did keep the announcement lol. We just had the shower this weekend and it was literally a shower. It was an outdoor BBQ under a pavilion and we had thunder showers. The party was between 2-4 and we literally had rain from 2-4 then sunny skies after. Just have to laugh and enjoy the moment I guess. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards