Destination Weddings Discussions

Dancing Reception?

We are currently looking for a resort in Mexico Cancun- Riviera Maya area and a requirement for the reception is we want drinks and dancing not just a chill dinner on the beach or in a restaurant. Anyone have a reception like this and where? My brother did at Iberostar but we want to make our wedding our own and not reenact theirs. I have seen the Hard Rock Riviera has a night club on the resort but was not too impressed with the beach, or lack there of. 

Re: Dancing Reception?

• Or has anyone had experience using the beach clubs like Grand Coral, Kool, or Blue Venado?
  • I'm doing Azul Sensetori in Riviera Maya/Cancun area. Reception with DJ and dancing is extra but I think it's worth it.
  • We are getting married at the Secrets Maroma Beach in Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen and are having a beach dinner but then renting a dance floor to put somewhere (maybe on the sand/by the pool) and getting a DJ. You can also rent equipment if you want to make your own playlist on your ipod and use that to dance!
  • You can also have the reception indoors as well fyi, we just wanted to have it outdoors since that's the whole point of a DW, the beautiful scenery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards