Chit Chat

Uber Crappy Monday- even Worse Wednesday. And the final decision is.....updates.

ohannabelleohannabelle member
First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
edited July 2014 in Chit Chat
What a crappity crap crappy day.

A: Daughter's fiancé, 2 months before the big day hears that his mother won't be coming for the wedding. She can't afford it, because apparently she has to help out with problem B. (This is the third time she has announced she's not coming. I don't give a big rat's ass. I have run out of rat's asses to give.) But why stop there?

B: Fiancé's brother, the Best Man, also will not be coming. Because there has been an ugly break up with his girlfriend, who apparently is wallowing in a Vicodin haze, and neglecting their baby. They are busy planning ugly and expensive custody battles instead, and I guess he can't take a weekend off. But wait, there's even more fun-

C: Fiancé's sister will not be coming. It seems that she is pregnant by Mr. Shitheel, who wants nothing to do with her or his future child, so she can't come because she has to stay home and save her money and await the arrival of the baby. 

(I'm sorry, but FFS. Can we not be dysfunctional one at a time? Maybe a different month?)

D: Fiancé is now hurt and sad. Like many men, he handles this by acting like a big surly baby, and suggested to my Adorable but Oversensitive Daughter that maybe they should reschedule. (FFS.  Reschedule for when? Is there a predicted date for achieving functional familydom?)

E: First major fight. Daughter makes first weeping trip back to Mom's. Waterworks. More waterworks. Doubt. Fear. Insecurity. Still more waterworks. 

F: I keep my mouth shut, except to make soothing Mom noises. If they cancel this thing, I will strangle them both with scalloped pearl trimmed re embroidered Venetian lace. And then beat them with vintage candlesticks. And build an invitation bonfire. Until then, more soothing noises and baking cinnamon rolls for Weepy.

G: I am not good at keeping my mouth shut. It physically hurts. Everybody needs to behave. That's all. Just. Fucking. Behave. 

Re: Uber Crappy Monday- even Worse Wednesday. And the final decision is.....updates.

• What a crappity crap crappy day.

A: Daughter's fiancé, 2 months before the big day hears that his mother won't be coming for the wedding. She can't afford it, because apparently she has to help out with problem B. (This is the third time she has announced she's not coming. I don't give a big rat's ass. I have run out of rat's asses to give.) But why stop there?

B: Fiancé's brother, the Best Man, also will not be coming. Because there has been an ugly break up with his girlfriend, who apparently is wallowing in a Vicodin haze, and neglecting their baby. They are busy planning ugly and expensive custody battles instead, and I guess he can't take a weekend off. But wait, there's even more fun-

C: Fiancé's sister will not be coming. It seems that she is pregnant by Mr. Shitheel, who wants nothing to do with her or his future child, so she can't come because she has to stay home and save her money and await the arrival of the baby. 

(I'm sorry, but FFS. Can we not be dysfunctional one at a time? Maybe a different month?)

D: Fiancé is now hurt and sad. Like many men, he handles this by acting like a big surly baby, and suggested to my Adorable but Oversensitive Daughter that maybe they should reschedule. (FFS.  Reschedule for when? Is there a predicted date for achieving functional familydom?)

E: First major fight. Daughter makes first weeping trip back to Mom's. Waterworks. More waterworks. Doubt. Fear. Insecurity. Still more waterworks. 

F: I keep my mouth shut, except to make soothing Mom noises. If they cancel this thing, I will strangle them both with scalloped pearl trimmed re embroidered Venetian lace. And then beat them with vintage candlesticks. And build an invitation bonfire. Until then, more soothing noises and baking cinnamon rolls for Weepy.

G: I am not good at keeping my mouth shut. It physically hurts. Everybody needs to behave. That's all. Just. Fucking. Behave. 
    I LOLed so hard at the bolded.

So sorry Fi's family have all chosen to be simultaneously dysfunctional. :-/  Just keep making those soothing Mom noises.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I want to print selected pieces from item F out on a pad of post-its and have them handy for when I'm dealing with stressful shit. Then, I can just stick them on whatever surface is in front of her and go "MA, SOOTHING NOISES?!?!?!?!? WHERE ARE MY SOOTHING NOISES??????"

That was hilarious! I hope this starts smoothing out soon!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm so sorry for the collective dysfuntcion but I love your attitude about it.  I hope in a light of a new day some people (FSIL to start) can come at the situation with a calmer head and the beautiful lace and candleholders won't make an appearance on Dateline.
    Anniversary

• Bummer! But I do love your wit.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • chibiyui said:
    Every time I see this all I want to know is how it works. Why will no one tell me how it works?

@ohhannabelle, all the wine for you.
  • @KeptInStitches, I've seen this on Bar Rescue. Not quite THAT many, but I've seen them do 4. They have these little metal separater things and it pours from the top first.When that's out, it goes to the next level, then the next. They have to be very accurate in the amount they pour in there.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I echo the same sentiments as PPs.

After my mom finishes with her soothing mom noises, she likes to say what she would do in this situation with my dad. I feel like my mom would suggest to encourage your daughter to talk with her FI and remind him of why they are getting married and maybe you can have them Skype the ceremony.

My mom would also be looking at every possible way to get his mother to the ceremony, if money had anything to do with it.

Keep up being a good supportive mommy. Ive needed mine a lot these past 2 months.

image   image   image

• Angusaur said:
    @KeptInStitches, I've seen this on Bar Rescue. Not quite THAT many, but I've seen them do 4. They have these little metal separater things and it pours from the top first.When that's out, it goes to the next level, then the next. They have to be very accurate in the amount they pour in there.
    I learned something today! Thank you, @angusaur!
  • Nyurrrrr I don't even know what to say :( I hope it becomes less of a nightmare?? I don't even know :( I'M SORRY!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm sorry. I hope everything turns out ok for your daughter.
  • Oh goodness. Good luck to you both.

• Oh no. I hope life settles down soon for both of you.
  • Oh gosh.  Sending love your way.
    Anniversary

• Oh no I'm s sorry. I really hope things work out.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Hugs. Wine 40+ proof alcohol. Deep breaths. Prayers. Good vibes. 

Repeat.

I'm thinking of y'all and hoping for the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • UGH suckity suck!!! I'll be thinking of you. But I do just want to mention that when you said "Mr. Shithell" it took me like, 3 times to figure out that it wasn't his real name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am so sorry your daughter is experiencing all of this. As much as it sucks, you're a great mom for being so supportive. Lots of hugs and wine for you both.
  • Oh man that really does suck! I'm sorry you and your daughter area dealing with this - hugs and support to you both
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• F: I keep my mouth shut, except to make soothing Mom noises. If they cancel this thing, I will strangle them both with scalloped pearl trimmed re embroidered Venetian lace. And then beat them with vintage candlesticks. And build an invitation bonfire. Until then, more soothing noises and baking cinnamon rolls for Weepy.

SITB

Can you be my mommy?

Also, you are handling this so well!  I'm sorry this all happened at once.  I wish people would schedule their dysfunctionality out more for sure... Sending hugs and happy thoughts to you and your daughter!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hugs! Please update tomorrow with tons of good news.
  • I just want to say I kinda love your mom.

And

Anniversary
  • You got good mommy genes @ohannabelle
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Love it! Your mom is awesome. I see where you get it from! My mom is so similar to both of y'all :)

image   image   image

• Aw, how awful!  I hope that whatever happens, it turns out for the best for your daughter.

Her FI's family sounds like a total trainwreck, and I'm sorry she is getting sucked into their dysfuntion ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards