September 2014 Weddings

Cake Topper

So this is completely random.... but what are you ladies doing for a cake topper?

We just did our cake tasting this past weekend... OMG, AMAZING!!!  Everything we tasted was delicious, we actually haven't make a choice on our filling.  Happily we have time.  :-)  We even got to bring the remaining cakes home & shared with our families.

I'm leaning to just our last name initial on the top.  But then I thought the Precious Moments toppers would be nice.  I asked FI, he had no answer, but I'm sure he will after I buy something!  We are both Rangers hockey fans, so I thought it would be cute to have the figurines in jerseys on the top... however they are a little too pricey on Etsy.  

I know there is plenty of time... just wanted to know what others were thinking/planning.  (I have so much complete on the to-do, this is what I'm left to think about.. lol)

Re: Cake Topper

• FI and I high-five each other A LOT. So we got little bride and groom figurines that are high-fiving. It's totally us. Traditional bride and groom figures, non-traditional pose. :)

• We both hate cake. So we're having miniature pies and miniature cheesecakes. I'm actually semi bummed about not being able to have a topper. I definitely would have had the last name initial. 

• I think ours will be something to do with music if possible. Or a cat. We both love music and our furkitty.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I wasn't originally planning to have a topper but I saw this (clicky) and I'm super excited about mine.  My cake is going to be painted like watercolors in blues and purples, and I ordered the topper in silver.  I can't wait to get it!
  • FI really wanted to do his (soon to be 'our') last initial but I couldn't find any that I liked, so I made it...

Anniversary

• A letter "H" for our last name, and real sea shells around it. It's a beach wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lolo883 that one was a contender for us because as a joke, we always say, "we don't kiss, we high five" but it wouldn't mean anything to anyone but us and the point would be lost. my god mother has always bought me precious moments, and wanted to get me a cake topper, but we had wanted something that was meaningful to both of us, so i kindly declined her offer on that. after looking at MANY toppers, we decided on the bride fishing and catching the groom by the seat of his pants. its perfect for us. we both love fishing, its light and witty, and perfect! and after the wedding, it will go into my curio cabinet!

ps @severmilli12 i LOVE yours! its beautiful!! you did an amazing job on it, and its more meaningful because you made it :]
  • @heatherjoy1187 awe thank you!! I'm very excited to see it on our cake!
    Anniversary

• NiTro1110 said:
    I wasn't originally planning to have a topper but I saw this (clicky) and I'm super excited about mine.  My cake is going to be painted like watercolors in blues and purples, and I ordered the topper in silver.  I can't wait to get it!

I've seen that cake topper on Etsy too and I love it! I was actually leaning towards something similar to yours or something like this (click)
  • We both love baseball & play co-ed softball together so ours will be the groom pitching to the bride topper. Haven't picked out a cake but I know what topper!

• I actually picked out a Willow Tree figurine for the top of our cake.

• I just got ours in the mail the other day, actually - I ordered a customized "Mrs & Mrs NewLastName" on etsy. We liked that it was personalized and the stakes come out so if we want, we can display it in the future. It's adorable and I'm really pleased with it!
  • We also went with an etsy creation. A little more than I'd hoped to pay for it, but we both love it! I can't wait till it gets here. It is the Star Wars UP topper :)
  • HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Finally decided on a cake topper!  After spending a lot of time checking out Etsy, I went on yesterday morning & found something I liked!!!  It is one with our initials, our last name initial being the center & bigger, with our first name initial on either side.  Can't wait for it to get here!!  Another item off the to-do list!
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ours is a custom creation from Etsy too, it says "More than Ice Cream" because we always say I love you more than ice cream, since it's our favorite.
  • We ended up doing a hodge podge of things that both FI and I love. I got a cute bride and groom dancing out of a tardis for the topper and FI got to have minions decorate the rest of the cake.
  • I'm still trying to make up my mind on mine. I found a silhouette of a couple on Etsy its called Drunk Bride and it has the bride falling with a wine glass and wine bottle in her hands but I emailed the seller and they will remove the wine glass and bottle from it for me if I want it and another I am considering is called tender moment the bride and groom are holding each other with the flowers over his shoulder in red.
  • My FMIL found one that's super cute and very fitting for us. It's travel-related, so it goes with other personal travel touches we're having.

In all honesty, I would have done without or gone for an elegant last name initial.  However, FI said his mom was feeling a little left out of the planning, so when she showed us this and offered to pay for it I readily agreed.  

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I'm super excited, I got an email at the end of last week that our cake topper shipped!  Hoping it should be here by the end of this week!
  • I'm SUPER nervous that ours won't get here in time.  I didn't realize until after I bought it that it takes 8-10 weeks to make and ship from New Zealand. Yikes! It's supposed to arrive the end of August or first week of September, so as long as that happens, we should be good.  
  • There are like 12 different toppers that I like.... I can't make up my mind.  My fiance likes 3 of them....   And that is because they are cheap....  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards