Destination Weddings Discussions

Destination Wedding: Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?

Hi all! I'm newly engaged and in the beginning planning stages of wedding bliss/stress. I would love to do a destination wedding but budget is an issue. Wish List: tops 50 guests beach bliss beautiful architectural features pig roast or fun beach bbq fire dancers or some non-city entertainment I'm toying with Puerto Rico because of it's proximity to the US, but the Dominican Republic looks like a contender as well. Has anyone had destination experience in these places? Favorite spots/venues/hotels/resorts? Thanks tons!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Destination Wedding: Puerto Rico or Dominican Republic?

• I just got married in Punta Cana on December 1. It was the best decision we made. We had 42 guests and everyone is still talking about it. If you have more specific questions private message me.
  • If it is short notice, Puerto Rico could be easier for guests since I do not think U.S. guests will need a passport.
  • Puerto Rico doesn't have all inclusive resorts from what I hear so it could get pricey for you and your guest. I say DR!
  • cml300cml300 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I got married in Puerto Rico in August 2013.  My wedding was very different from what you want, but I did find that it was pricey - at least in the San Juan area it is pricey.  However, it is convenient for guests from the US as they do not need passports, the currency is US dollars, and it is easy to get to from most places in the states.  If you would like more information, feel free to private message me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards