Favors

Best & Worse Wedding Favors You Have Gotten

What are some of your favorite favors you have gotten from a wedding and some of your least favors you have gotten from a wedding? I don't want to waste money on something my guests won't use.
Our Wedding Bio kosakwedding.weebly.com

Re: Best & Worse Wedding Favors You Have Gotten

• Best is anything edible.  Worst is any kind of trinket.  Stick with edible and it's an almost guaranteed hit.
  • The best was my wedding (yes I'm biased). We did full size bottles of wine. 

Worst was a mesh bag full of jordan almonds. I know they are traditional, but I hate almonds.
  • I don't really remember any, except my cousin gave out little bottles of bubbles. That was pretty lame. We canned jars of jam. 
  • Worst were the bath products from Walmart.  They did not smell good and went in the trash.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Best = candy. Worst = we made a donation card.
  • Best was anything edible. Worst was a bookmark with a picture of the couple and their wedding date.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Best were home baked chocolate chip cookies. Worst was golf tees.
  • csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Best: popcorn bar with bags to take some home, cookie bar with boxes/bags to take some home, bottles of wine (small and full), chocolates, chocolate covered oreos, photo booth with picture strips printed out to take home.

Worst: they had mason bars to drink out of and then there was a basket with the lids and sign that said to take your mason jar home and take a lid with it.  I have no use for mason jars (especially a dirty, sticky one) so I didn't take anything home. 
  • Best: Beautiful Mikasa oval serving platter. It was an ex-boyfriend's coworker's wedding. I was shocked and they even gave one per person, not just per invite. We were young and had no need for them so we gave them to our mothers. Surprisingly, the wedding was very nice and not OTT as one would assume from the favor. 

Worst: Glass "LOVE" coasters. They sat in my car for a month then sat in my kitchen drawer for a few years till I finally threw them out. I felt bad at first and was SURE I'd use them eventually. Nope.

• Best: Beautiful Mikasa oval serving platter. It was an ex-boyfriend's coworker's wedding. I was shocked and they even gave one per person, not just per invite. We were young and had no need for them so we gave them to our mothers. Surprisingly, the wedding was very nice and not OTT as one would assume from the favor. 

Worst: Glass "LOVE" coasters. They sat in my car for a month then sat in my kitchen drawer for a few years till I finally threw them out. I felt bad at first and was SURE I'd use them eventually. Nope.

HOLY SHIT.

Anniversary
  • Best: Anything with food.

Worst: A mason jar for my drink and they didn't even have the lids that went with them. I like mason jars but really?

• Best: the edible / drinkable ones (chocolates, personalized M&Ms, mini glass bottle sodas)

Worst: bird seed ring.  I shit you not, it was basically a bird seed cake that had a piece of twine through it so you could hang it on a tree.  While I love watching birds on my trees out my windows, I felt like this was more a favor for the birds (who did not attend) than it was for those of us who did attend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Best favor I ever got was a bottle of wine with a cork screw. Allowed me to open my bottle of wine as soon as I got to my hotel room. Other great favors - candy, wine, beer, photo booth prints, late night snacks with to go containers Worst favors - plastic containers shaped to fit the wedding theme (glass slipper); cheap chapstick that burned your skin; glitter face mask; potpourri
  • Best: A giant cake that was built with little cardboard containers and inside were hershey's kisses as a slice of 'cake' to take home (they had actual cake too).  Yeah I I have been to like 2 weddings in my life...  I also remember a little swan made of sugar at a different wedding.  As a kid, I thought that was the most delicious thing in the world.

Worst: A deck of cards with the B&G's name and wedding date on them.  Go fish.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Best: anything edible, a small Lenox box that looks like a gift. Worst: wedding cake candle, and coasters
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Best - Bottle of wine. Though, it didn't come with a corkscrew like pp's did. That would've been great!

2nd best - a really nice luggage tag.

Worst - a  bottle of sand with a note in it. When my friend was making these, her original idea was an ornament with a little sand from the beach they were getting married on, a few tiny shells, and a year drawn on the shell. I thought that was cute. I'd hang it on my tree. Well, she ended up changing her venue so they weren't at a beach at all and used little tiny bottles instead still filled with beach sand, but no shells. She rolled up tiny "messages" that she printed from the computer as fortunes. They had the words "thank you" printed on them too and apparently that was supposed to substitute for a note, because i didn't get one of those either.  What are you supposed to do with that?
  • Best: cookies, photo booth prints Worst: Anything with the bride and groom's names/monogram/wedding date, a tacky bottle stopper with a big silver heart, a bottle of bubbles, coasters. There's no way you can give tons of people an identical affordable gift and have them all like it. I say go with something edible. That way it's not a huge waste of money, and almost everyone likes to eat.
  • novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    sorry, posted twice! :S 
  • P.S. you can totally walk down the isles at goodwill and see exactly which wedding favors people don't like! We went to look for glass for a craft project and there were rows and rows of wine glasses with the bride and groom's name and wedding date (from all different weddings)
  • P.S. you can totally walk down the isles at goodwill and see exactly which wedding favors people don't like! We went to look for glass for a craft project and there were rows and rows of wine glasses with the bride and groom's name and wedding date (from all different weddings)

How weird. I would never donate that. if I don't want crap with names of people I know on it, why would I think ransoms would want it?!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Best: delicious lemon tart that I drunkenly ate immediately; a little craftsman-style mini-lantern votive holder that still sits on my coffee table; a simple and pretty metal wine bottle stopper that we still use regularly.

Worst: A tiny cheap waxy candle shaped like a pear ("The perfect pear!" Hardy har!) (straight to garbage), a table runner that actually looks really expensive but not surprisingly does not match our dining room nor fit our table (still have because I would feel guilty throwing it away, but I will seriously never ever use it), a piece of paper I was supposed to plant in a garden somewhere and that would supposedly sprout wildflowers (straight to garbage).

Those are actually the only favors I can even remember. If no one else even had favors, I never even noticed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards