Massachusetts-Boston

Honeymooning in Boston...I have a question

Hello ladies of Boston.  I'll be honeymooning in Boston and I had a question about transportation in your area.  We would need to get to a car rental place (in Billerica, it's not just any car, it's specifically to rent a corvette so we have to go there) from the main part of Boston (Cambridge area).  Are cabs easy to get in your town?  The rental place does have an option where they drop the car off but it's more expensive so I was wondering if I could make it there relatively easy by cab.  It appears to be 20 mins away from where we'd be staying.  Thanks in advance for any info! 

Re: Honeymooning in Boston...I have a question

• @Pepperally Cabs are very easy to get in Boston & most of Cambridge, however, they're very expensive..to Billerica it would probably be $60-75depending on the time of day & traffic. You may be better off having them drop off the car to you... http://bpdnews.com/taxi-rates/
  • @Brownbear2013 - thanks so much!  I appreciate the info!
  • @Pepperally the train goes from North Station to Billerica and it's $8.75 one way. You would just need to pay for a cab from the train station to where ever you are picking up the car.
  • Pepperally - I bet you could get a corvette somewhere else in boston. i know that budget rentals has a line of fancy cars, especially at the airport. also, if you're staying in the city, you really don't need a car and it will be expensive to park it. if you're looking to get out to cape cod/explore other parts of massachusetts I would say its a must! either way, I'd definitely have the company drop the car off. billerica is not very close to the city, and it's your honeymoon!
  • Thanks!  Yes, we are not planning to rent a car for our whole stay, FI is set on driving a corvette or other muscle car if he can as our "splurge" to maybe drive up the coast for the day, so this place we found in Billerica only rents corvettes and you can do it for a few hours, a full day, or 24 hours or more.  We are probably going to look into other options because of how expensive it is, and it's even more if they drop it off to us in Boston.  I want him to live his dream but at what cost???  I know that Budget does have their particular fleet and we may look into that...only thing is it always seems like they can't guarantee what exact car model you will get.  I've never rented a car ever so I don't know how it works, but FI used to manage a car rental office so he knows more than I do.  But thanks for all of your tips/suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards