Not Engaged Yet

Engagement Ring Freakout

Re: Engagement Ring Freakout

• @carliealissa LMAO! Poor FI. He bought me a round brilliant moissanite that's apparently going to make my finger look like a monster. How did we not realize this?!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hey don't feel bad, mine's unnatural, boring, AND an ugly bullseye.  I just looked down at it and burst into tears. But no big deal, I do that 100x a day and will for the rest of my life.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Clearly your marriage is doomed to fail with such a terrible ring. 

• I have the right style, but I don't think my 0.8 meets the required size standard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm just sad that my awesome picture isn't the first thing that pops up anymore. 

I was just about to say the same thing!
  • Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2014
    My round solitaire ring sucks (I'm sure it sucks even more because it's a slight bypass with a thicker band), my marriage is DOOOOOOOMED - that's all I wanted to say.  I'm going to go and sell my ring on eBay now for $5.00 so I can go get chocolate ice cream to make it all better.

EDIT:  I just looked at OPs stats - 2 posts, both in this thread.  Wondering if she's an internet troll?  I mean, she put down 99% of all rings and really came off sounding like a privileged brat.

Anniversary

• Pretty sure I found OP, who appears much calmer in this thread: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/second-time-getting-engaged-ring-issues/#axzz36RsN4iDB 
    Yeah, but that thread wasn't nearly as entertaining.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:

Pretty sure I found OP, who appears much calmer in this thread: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/second-time-getting-engaged-ring-issues/#axzz36RsN4iDB 
    That's because she didn't insult anyone's ring choice over there. I wonder how they would have reacted if she had?

• blabla89 said:

Pretty sure I found OP, who appears much calmer in this thread: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/second-time-getting-engaged-ring-issues/#axzz36RsN4iDB 
    That's because she didn't insult anyone's ring choice over there. I wonder how they would have reacted if she had?
    Yeah I'm curious why her attitude was so different in this thread than the other.

• I'm assuming she was in a crazed/ over tired state where she had been staring at rings for hours. Craziness happens. Which is why all she needs to do is explain and apologize for her poor word choices. And then we can find more pretty pictures of rings. 
  • @GoldenPinquin I love your ring but even more I love the expression on your face in the background.  Nailed it.  OP, please for the love of god just go out and buy yourself the 'perfect' ring. You can show it off to all of your girlfriends and your new therapist :)  I wasn't going to be snarky on this board, oops!   

• Was gonna come on here to tell OP that she sounded like an entitled whiney little snot-rocket, but someone everyone beat me to it.

Also - @GoldenPenguin - best picture ever. You totally won.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Well, my unnatural, boring, round and ugly bullseye halo and I wish her FI all the luck in the world....he's gonna need it apparently. 

And, may I add, I happen to think my ring is amazing.  The fact that it's a family heirloom makes it so much more so.  But if FI had given me a ring out of a Cracker Jack box (guess they don't put them in there anymore, do they?) or nothing at all, I would still be happy.  I just don't understand being so worked up and disappointed, especially about something that hasn't even happened yet.  People that hate their ring, their flowers, their dress, their burlap trimmed pinterest project (well, I can understand that one....) need some perspective, I think.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I am having a hard time believing such a greedy human actually exists. I'd love to hear what you have to say to defend yourself... I have an "ugly bullseye" on my finger, but I happen to love it. 

And the fact that you would rather not get married at all if it means not having the perfect ring!?! Hahahaha. I can't believe you are a real person. 
  • Wow... How did I miss this thread? I guess my emerald wouldn't be good enough for the princess.
  • What the fuck OP.

No one cares how many carats your old ring was. Bragging about it was almost as bad as literally CRYING over jewelry. You need to get a clue, preferably *before* you get married.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My square princess cut diamond with halo and split shank band is fucking fabulous, and no one who cries over free diamonds is going to convince me otherwise.
  • Oh man...this thread must be awfully speshul if the CC regs are gracing us with their presence...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I think these children have marriage figured out more than the OP

• You sound ridiculous. You have an issue with every single ring possibility out there and not only do you not like it you insult everyone who has those styles. If what you want is the ring you had before get it because it seems like whatever he ends up getting you you are going to throw a crying tantrum over it. Be thankful he wants to marry you.

I wasn't going to say anything because it has been covered that you're being pretentious, but I just want to add in:  My bf is a jeweler, if you do get a ring you so strongly feel is "hideous" I hope you come into my bf's store to sell it, so he can sell it to someone who would actually appreciate it.

• Did anyone else notice she said 2 of her friends have the SAME ring...so you want to be like your friends?? Do you have some type of gang that only girls with the same ring can join? Is this really why you are upset?

Dumb. I agree with others.. is it the ring or the real fact that perhaps you are still upset that your first FI cheated.  Where does it stop after he gets you this crazy ring? Are you going to throw a fit when you buy a house because it doesn't have Martha Stewart paint on the walls?

• smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    Wow so my aquamarine is definitely out for being bridal, even though I chose it myself...

OP, how old are you really? Because you act 5. Marriage is about way more than the ring on your finger. I started out engaged with no ring for months because that's how he proposed and how it happened. You really need to get your priorities straight and stop pissing off every awesome lady here.
    @Blackbird230 This boat. Yeah we are in it together. I guess my 3 stone aqua is WAYYY below princess's standards. Funny though, I got the most sincere compliment on it the other day. But she MUST have been lying since its not diamond, not cushion cut and no halo. Because those are the ONLY kinds of rings that are beautiful 
    Anniversary
  • eilis1228 You have just moved me from lurking to posting - that ring was stunning and that jeweler has some beautiful rings. This might be my favorite ring of all time. I bet the princess will hate it.

ring.jpg 143.6K
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards