Wedding Woes

Venue Cancels Three Months Out

daniellereldaniellerel member
First Comment
edited June 2014 in Wedding Woes
I'm 79 days out today! Eek! Full speed ahead, though, as we trudge through these last few months. But, it almost didn't happen at all...

We had visited our venue and put a deposit down in August of last year (2013) for our September 2014 wedding. We had one menu planning session and three tastings as we created our perfect menu. We met with the in-house cake maker to discuss our pastry vision. We talked table cloths and napkins and chargers and number of tables and rows of chairs. All of this before the start of 2014! I wanted to make sure I had as much done as early as possible so I wouldn't stress at the very last minute on these details.

Imagine my surprise, then, when I got a very melancholy e-mail at the end of May from the owner of our venue explaining that a couple had already booked our day back in March of 2013 (aka: six months before us) and she just now realized that she had double-booked and she was sorry for her mistake....

So, basically, I am now scrambling to make this wedding happen with only three months notice! WISH ME LUCK!

Re: Venue Cancels Three Months Out

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards