October 2014 Weddings

Father/Daughter Dance

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster.

I've started seriously thinking about my music choices, and am trying to decide on a song for the father/daughter dance.

My dad and I have a wonderful relationship, and he's done so much for me throughout my life. Instead of making the song about Daddy's little girl, I'd like to make it more of a tribute to him and how much I love him and appreciate everything he's done for me. Right now I'm thinking about Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler and I Turn to You by Christina Aguilera.

Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions?

Re: Father/Daughter Dance

• what kinda music do you two listen to?
    Anniversary
  • Honestly - I can't find anything that fits right for me and my dad at all but, I do want my father daughter dance.
    Anniversary
  • Because you loved me was the Father Daughter dance at a wedding we went to last month- first time ever I've ever seen that used, thought it was unique.

I'm leaning towards I loved her first by heartland ( although I know some people find that song creepy), Stealing Cinderella, or I hope you dance by Leann Womack
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We're struggling with the father/daughter song too. To add to it, we're combining father/daughter and mother/son (long story, but basically my fiance doesn't dance, his mom doesn't dance, my dad doesn't dance, and all I want to do is dance). We all listen to different types of music (country, classic rock and hair bands, and hard rock). I have a feeling we're not going to have it figured out until like the day of the wedding.
  • I'm in kinda the same boat with PP, my FI and I don't want to do the F/D M/S dances, my dad couldn't care less, but my FMIL wants to do the M/S dance.  So, we're combining the F/D M/S dance so that it isn't awkward.  

No clue what song to dance to, and I haven't really looked, because it isn't a priority for me and don't care if it falls through.  Probably not a good attitude, but it' the truth.  With so many things to do, I'm doing what is important to us first.
  • If I was doing a traditional wedding with the M/S F/D dance - if combined, I'd probably look at 'Landslide' by Fleetwood Mac

If I didn't want a mushy F/D song - though it might be kind of weird, I'd probably choose Frank Sinatra's 'My Way' or another Sinatra song (just something easy to dance to).

Anniversary
  • I was having trouble with this decision too. Then I asked my dad if he had a preference and he said "Unforgettable" immediately. He's a huge Nat King Cole fan and it's what he really wanted so problem solved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I kind of figure I will ask my dad what he wants. I don't have a very close relationship with my dad so none of the traditional songs really work for me??
  • My FSIL and FFIL danced to Stand By Me by Ben E King. It was beautiful
  • I put my foot down and picked our song. I gave my Dad plenty of time to pick a song. I decided on Jack Johnson's "My Little Girl". I also didnt want a super sappy song as I would be bawling my eyes out.

• My grandfather and I are dancing to "Here Come's the Sun" by the Beatles because we are both Beatles fans. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards