Chit Chat

Am I seeing this? Or am I nuts?

Okay, five other people say, yes, there she is. A woman standing on the sidewalk, under the freaky weird green lights, staring directly towards us. (One person says, nope, nothing there.) I circled her. Face looking over the top of the parked car, body visible through windows. Otherwise, completely unretouched, not even light adjustment. Am I actually seeing this?

Re: Am I seeing this? Or am I nuts?

• I sort of see a hazy figure.  I guess?

Where did you take this?  Is there a story?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I see it too.
    Oh, good! I am so freaked out! 
    Okay, this is what happened. Friend in town from NewZealand, we're driving to my best friend's studio/house, around the corner from this house, which has a nice haunted Seattle history. 

I was saying (two seconds before she snapped this) that people always say that the ghost is an old woman, but I was of the opinion that no, if there was a ghost, it would more likely be the original owner. He built the house for his much younger wife, she ran off with a much younger employee of his, he committed suicide by drinking carbolic acid. 
    Friend took the picture (the only one on the roll with distortion) put the camera down on her lap, and the camera then click-click-click snapped three pics of my car interior. She downloaded them this morning, and holy hell. Am I seeing an old woman? This is better than ScoobyDoo!  
  • Don't know about the nuts part, but is definitely see her.
  • I see a sorta sideways skull thing (like, a cartoon-ish skull in profile?), but no woman. Sorry.
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I didn't see anything at first look, and really didn't expect to, and then pow. Kind of like those can you see the picture in the pattern pics. Real or no, it's fun. 

@SBmini- Where am I going with this? I thought it was fairly amusing and entertaining, but really not going anywhere, beyond that. I saw Alf on a Pringles chip once. That was cool, too.

ETA- I think it's fun to entertain possibilities, and get a few chills. Why I love ghost stories. Not everyone does, if course.
  • I can't see it. I even squinted. The sky looks like one of those Rorschach pictures to me. :-)

The house reminds me of the house from Stephen King's "Rose Red" 
    Funny, it reminded me of the house from Charmed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I see it. I thought it was an angel statue,
  • I sort of see a hazy figure.  I guess?

Where did you take this?  Is there a story?
    Oh, here's a fairly good history of the actual house! http://www.vancouverparanormal.net/Georgetown-Castle.html
    I have never actually been inside, but I have spoken to a couple of neighborhood folk who have. One man snuck in with his brother in the 70s when the house was vacant. He was 12 ish at the time, and swears he saw an iron bed frame slide across a room. He not only doesn't walk by the house, he goes around the entire block to avoid it. 

I am so damned good at frightening myself. Why is that so fun? 

• I definitely see her. She's wearing a pink corset.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    I definitely see her. She's wearing a pink corset.
    Oh, how cool! I thought a pink apron, but given the bordello/gambling parlor history, a corset would make more sense. (It says something about me, maybe, that I saw apron rather than lingerie. Like maybe I do too much cooking, and not enough...nope. Not saying it)
    Sorry, I can't see a thing. If I try really hard, it looks like a figure but that's it. Still freaky regardless!
  • KnightsNurseKnightsNurse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2014
    Wow, I can't see it. I tried to find the eyes since you said "staring right at you" but I got nada. I must have a bad imagination...or eyesight. ETA: I would say that if I WERE to see a woman-figure in this picture, it looks like there is one to the left of your circle over the hood. Looks like she has her arms crossed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Maybe I'll be a speshul snowflake ghost hunter. Like this:
    Noooooooo! Validate my perception! It's my special ghost! My friends and family can see her! 

Actually, the harder I look, the less I see her, so I'm going to quit looking and enjoy my earlier chills, when it seemed so vivid. On my PC, she looks great. On my IPad, green and blobby. Oh, well. I had fun.
  • If you like scaring yourself, here ya go. ;)  This was making the internet rounds a few days ago.  Note that it could be fiction (allowed under the /nosleep rules) but it's still pretty fucking cool and creepy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• If you like scaring yourself, here ya go. ;)  This was making the internet rounds a few days ago.  Note that it could be fiction (allowed under the /nosleep rules) but it's still pretty fucking cool and creepy.

If that's fiction, it should be a movie because Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh! Sooooo scary! That was great! 

• ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Nope. Still nothing.

ETA: Although, I don't believe in this sort of stuff, so I think my brain is wired not to see it, if that makes any sense.
  • I see the woman head above the car. She's wearing a brimmed hat. The shadowy stuff through the care window doesn't seem to be in proportion to her head, so I'm not seeing how that could be her body.

• I see her too!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers

So, I don't beleive in this woowoo stuff, but that was terrifying!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I see her --- she looks all colonial, which totally reminds me of this: 

"SHE WAS CHURNING BUTTER!"
  • I HAAAAATE THAT FACEBOOK MESSAGE STORY OMG. I can't do woowoo ghost stories because I have paranoia issues, and when FI is gone at night I have to only do happy thoughts or else I won't sleep.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I see something. She looks like a tall, thin woman with a small face wearing a wispy long gown. Maybe with a veil, or the gown covers her from head to toe. Omg like a victorian bride.

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I wish I could see it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • WAHHHH!!! I shouldn't have read that... fiance is going out of town tonight so I'll be alone with my pup. Hopefully, I don't ever think of that facebook story again!

• I will have to check the pic when I get home. Right now, all I see is a big red X. But that Reddit story, I was reading it on my phone...all morning. I am sure my boss is pissed but I couldn't stop. Very freaky.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards