Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Videographer During Hair/Makeup... Too Much?

I am really excited because I found two really ambitious recent film school graduates that want to film my wedding for a budget price. They really want to catch every moment, included my entire getting ready process. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I recently decided to do my own makeup for the wedding and am worried that, if I've got a camera in my face, I'll lose it. What do you think? Is it too much to have a room full of bridesmaids, female family members, hair stylist, AND a videographer?

Re: Videographer During Hair/Makeup... Too Much?

• ahkelteke said:

I am really excited because I found two really ambitious recent film school graduates that want to film my wedding for a budget price. They really want to catch every moment, included my entire getting ready process. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I recently decided to do my own makeup for the wedding and am worried that, if I've got a camera in my face, I'll lose it. What do you think? Is it too much to have a room full of bridesmaids, female family members, hair stylist, AND a videographer?

I honestly don't understand the deal with capturing the bride and bridal party getting ready. I only had my mom and hair / makeup people in the room with me getting ready, and no pictures were taken. This is your call. If you want it, go for it.
  • FI is a videographer and offers a package that includes all the getting ready aspects. He likes getting to know the bride/bridal party a bit in a more relaxed atmosphere before things start getting too crazy. Also, a good videographer shouldn't be on the way, and often times brides will comment later that they didn't even realize he was there. Totally not necessary, but the getting ready stuff can look nice in a short wedding day montage :) I, personally, don't care and prefer no getting ready pictures/video of myself, but FI will make sure there are cameras there, lol.
  • I look like a sewer-dweller when I don't have a face on (ESPECIALLY in photo/video), so I am leaning against having a videographer, and I kind of don't want the photographer to take pictures of me until I'm basically in full drag.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards