So this past weekend I went to 5 places to find a reception space. I thought I'd share my ideas and what I learned
I do have pics if anyone would like the. All the info is based on my April 11, 2015 wedding.
1. Joe's Seafood - I arrived early and I met an amazing bartender who filled my wine for free (who doesn't love that!). This place is pretty but still had a ballroom feel. The view of the strip at night is amazing! There is plenty of room for 60+ guests and a dance floor and has it's own bar. There is a $5k minimum.
2. Carmine's - Really difficult to find. I felt like I was walking forever and finally found it. It has a VERY ballroom feel but there is a great small terrace with a view of the strip. If you are looking for that quaint Italian family feel then this is certainly the place for you! There is a $4.5k minimum.
3. Sugar Factory - I looked at the Chocolate Lounge. This was initially our first choice. What I love about this space is that it is unique and doesn't have a ballroom feel. I am a bit concerned about being able to accommodate 50-60 people comfortably. There is not really room for a DJ or dance floor unless you have a smaller group. They are also not really accommodating if you want more time. There is a $3.5k minimum.
4. Mon Ami Gabi - Looked at their private rooms. Not really impressed as I could hear the party next door going on. Not sure I would want my guests to hear another party happening. They also do not have a drink package and everything is on consumption. They recommend you reserve several bottles of wine. Minimum of $5k.
5. Wicked Spoon - This was certainly MUCH nicer than I had anticipated. The pics don't do it justice. It certainly is very private but does have a ballroom feel. She walked me around the buffet and gave me free food
I asked about the buffet being crowded and she assured me that they only let a certain number of people in at a time. Minimum is $3k.
6. Rose. Rabbit. Lie. - If you want a unique and awesome experience for your guests...THIS IS IT! The restaurant is modeled after a mansion with various rooms like the study, library, water room, and music room. It is gorgeous on its own and wouldn't need any decor. They also offer discount tickets to the show that happens (Nocturne). There is a $100pp minimum (semi-private) and drinks are all on consumption. I am really leaning towards this option.