Michigan-Northern

Traverse City Salons/Photographers/Florists

My fiance and I are getting married June 7th, 2014. We are planning to have our ceremony at ParkShore Resort (any reviews on this place? Looks beautiful!) followed up by a private dinner afterwards. I am trying to get some recommendations for salons for hair/make-up, photographers, and florists in the area. We are trying to stick within a budget, so any recommendations that are budget friendly would be best!

If anyone has any recommendations for nice restaurants to hold a private dinner for about 50-75 guests that would be helpful too :)

Thank you so much! :)

Re: Traverse City Salons/Photographers/Florists

• If you aren't opposed to not working with a florist directly, we are using sams club for flowers, you order online and they will deliver them 2 days before the wedding. You have to unpackage them but you can get bouquets and corsages, this has saved us a TON of money.
  • Here are my reviews - loved both vendors.

Also, if you are a DIY bride, the Saturday farmer's market has several flower vendors that will are willing to sell flowers for events.  Your time of year would be perfect for peonies (love!).

Make-up - Julie Funkey - A - Julie is a fun lady to work with!  And very very affordable - $50 for bridal, and $35 for eveyrone else, plus a discount for groups over a certain size. Free trial for the bride too!   http://www.makeupbyjulief.com

Flowers - A - Field of Flowers Farm - if you love the rustic natural look, this is your place.  They grow all their own flowers on site - we had beautiful dahlias, zinnias, hydraegeas, and lots more. Not sure how the price compares to other places - but it is worth it.

My photographer was from the Grand Rapids area - Ashley Avila.  She was great, and willing to travel at no extra charge.  I believe I ended up covering her hotel room.
  • Check out flowers by marla courtney wood. Her arrangements are beautiful and she was picked up on the feeling and atmosphere of our wedding and came up with some really good ideas! My fiancee and I's budget for flowers was 500 dollars, and she kept it under, and delivery and set up was included!

flowersbymarlacourtneywood.com
  • Flowers by Marla Courtney Wood. She is so incredibly sweet, loves to talk and is so awesome and helpful. She will work with ANY budget.

Christine at La Bella Vida Hair Salon. She is also the owner. She does airbrush and regular make up as well.

Our Photographer is traveling from Commerce Twp, with us.

Videographer - Becca Kinnee - she does videography and has photo booths (the big closed in ones and then open back drop ones.

• I totally agree with Nicholas Waybrant - I just had my wedding in Traverse City and used the same florist and stylist--LOVED them. 

I would recommend Oden and Janelle, a couple photography team, for photos. The are fun and make the photos seem so easy! http://odenandjanelle.com/
  • dcurtis14 said:
    If you aren't opposed to not working with a florist directly, we are using sams club for flowers, you order online and they will deliver them 2 days before the wedding. You have to unpackage them but you can get bouquets and corsages, this has saved us a TON of money.
    That is what I am planning on doing as well. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards