Favors

[closed]

CrimsonFury73CrimsonFury73 member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited August 2014 in Favors
I've recently become completely obsessed with the idea of doing homemade soy candles as a wedding favor. I'm having a small outdoor wedding with mostly older family members attending, so I thought candles would be a cute and personal (without being personalized) gift. But I have been seeing a fair few comments around that indicate people don't like candles at all...what do you think?

For reference, these would be entirely homemade soy candles in cute little 4oz glass jars, possibly with a personalized sticker label on top or bottom that tells the scent. I'm thinking I would do two batches - half in white/ivory with either vanilla, gardenia, or a generic popular scent, and then the other half in hot pink (wedding color) with a fruity/tropical scent. That way people would have at least some choice.

So my question: What is your honest opinion - would you like a homemade candle as a wedding favor or not?

(PS: I know that edible favors are #1, so I'm not looking for alternative suggestions here. Several of my family members have health issues that make sweet favors not an option, so I need something additional.)

Re: [closed]

• I've recently become completely obsessed with the idea of doing homemade soy candles as a wedding favor. I'm having a small outdoor wedding with mostly older family members attending, so I thought candles would be a cute and personal (without being personalized) gift. But I have been seeing a fair few comments around that indicate people don't like candles at all...what do you think?

For reference, these would be entirely homemade soy candles in cute little 4oz glass jars, possibly with a personalized sticker label on top or bottom that tells the scent. I'm thinking I would do two batches - half in white/ivory with either vanilla, gardenia, or a generic popular scent, and then the other half in hot pink (wedding color) with a fruity/tropical scent. That way people would have at least some choice.

So my question: What is your honest opinion - would you like a homemade candle as a wedding favor or not?

(PS: I know that edible favors are #1, so I'm not looking for alternative suggestions here. Several of my family members have health issues that make sweet favors not an option, so I need something additional.)
    I would probably take the candle to be nice but then it would end up in my junk cabinet because I never burn candles.

And who said that edible favors had to be sweet?

• I burn candles so I would take it and burn it. 

• And who said that edible favors had to be sweet?
    Well, I'm a bit of a sugar addict, so I guess I just don't know what else could be a favor that isn't sweet, haha. I was thinking along the lines of chocolate covered strawberries or jars of honey.

But thanks for your answer about the candles!
  • I personally like candles, so I would use it.

Anniversary
  • I also like the idea of homemade candles. 
    *********************************************************************************

• csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I would take the candle and use it.

ETA to add vanilla would be my preferred scent.  Flower and fruity scents tend to be too strong for my liking.

• I would take it and like it. And then swipe extras from the ones left behind.

But not the fruity scented ones. Ick.

• It depends on the scent of the candle.  What about the men?  Most men don't care about candles.  That's why I like edible.....it's usually a gender neutral, crowd pleasing favor.  And, it doesn't have to be sweet!
  • I like candles, but I always forget about them and they just sit around unused in a cabinet.

But of all the non-edible favors that you can do, I think a candle would be probably the more appreciated.
  • I like candles , so I appreciate it as a favor. 
  • I also love candles and would use them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I like all wedding decor candles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards