Chit Chat
Options

First Dance Songs?

13»

Re: First Dance Songs?

• Options
    I'm seriously in love with how many people chose the Piano Guys cover of A Thousand Years.

Did/Will you guys play the CD track or was it performed live?

We're playing the CD track. 
  • Options
    The Book of Love by Peter Gabriel
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're using Here, There, and Everywhere by the Beatles- we've been taking dance lessons and it's been so much fun!
  • Options
    I'm seriously in love with how many people chose the Piano Guys cover of A Thousand Years.

We're using the CD track as well.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Forever by Dropkick Murphys

SITB

Our entrance song for the reception is Shipping Up to Boston! I love Dropkick!
    DH is Irish so we knew we wanted something from an Irish band, but we were also looking for something we'd never heard used at a wedding before (which pretty much eliminated U2 for that purpose, sadly). We also found a local band that did a rocking Irish version of our school's alma mater that we had played at our reception too. We also had a piper to lead me down the aisle and to lead us to the reception.
    FI and his family are Irish and Scottish so we wanted to incorporate that into the wedding. Our recessional song is Learn Me Right from Disney's Brave and we're doing Celtic Blessing Stones.
    Anniversary

• Options
    FI and his family are Irish and Scottish so we wanted to incorporate that into the wedding. Our recessional song is Learn Me Right from Disney's Brave and we're doing Celtic Blessing Stones.
    That is so cool! We added a handfasting to our ceremony instead of doing traditional vows, which most of our friends had never seen done before. We also used the Irish Wedding Song as one of our last readings and one of the many Irish wedding blessings to close the ceremony. Most of the personal stationery we used (thank you cards for WP, welcome bag notes, vendor thank you cards, etc) had Celtic symbols. We also toasted with mead instead of champagne. Oh yea, and there was a point where 20 of us were standing in the middle of the dance floor chugging Irish Car Bombs...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

We used the CD track as well.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Just found this thread, and I'm loving it! I am strongly considering Best Day of My Life. Have y'all seen the video? It's a tear-jerker.

This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ours was You & Me by Dave Matthews Band. FI is a fanatic, and the song always made me feel better when we were long distance and I was working a terrible job. 

What really felt like the real song though was late that night and almost everyone else left and we danced to Crash Into Me. I don't like that song as much, but not having eyes on us made it feel way more personal. 

Our processional was the duet version of A Thousand Years. Sure everyone's doing it, and sure it's from Twilight, but it's so pretty. 

I didn't realize we were supposed to have specific songs for the cake cutting or signing the register. Whoops, I guess we need a redo!
  • Options
    MrsMcCawMrsMcCaw member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    We're dancing to "Sea of Love" by The Honey Drippers. My FI picked it out.
  • Options
    We plan to dance to Ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin. It's a little more upbeat and we both liked it. And the both of us liking it part was huge since we have drastically different musical tastes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards