Chit Chat

Friday Chit Chat

2»

Re: Friday Chit Chat

• I'm so nervous today. I'm going to take a written test to get my DL.
    Then I'm going to the dealership to buy a car.
    I hope everything goes smoothly.

• ride0rdieride0rdie member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    doeydo said:

My mom, FI, and I are going to Toronto this weekend because FI has an audition for a cooking TV show.  On Sunday, my mom and I are going dress shopping at two stores.  Then, we'll be pick up my sister and bring her back for a visit with us.  

Wow that is awesome. Good luck to your fi.

• Today I've been bad at work and have been shopping online for Wedding Shower invites for my friend's shower. We also picked a date and got the guest list done. Only 30 people which is 20 under the limit I gave her! Whoo.

Tomorrow is my FSIL bridal shower. I'm not hosting it but I volunteered to help set up and decorate so I'll be pretty busy. FI and I are hoping to get a round of golf in after church on Sunday. 

• @SmileDamnit-That's the zoo! It's my favorite. FI has never been and I am SO excited for him to get to experience it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SBmini - Busy weekend! I've never had a deep tissue massage. Is it painful at all, while you get it?

@senecaf, I'm sorry, that is pretty stressful. I think maybe you should keep looking until you find something that you enjoy and that pays better. 

@doeydo, that is so cool! Let us know how it goes!

lolo883 - That's so awesome, congrats to FI! And the cake sounds pretty amazing.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I work a short day tomorrow, and then I'm studying, working on school applications, and cleaning.

Sunday FI and I are playing in a golf tournament- which should be hilarious.  I promised that what I lack in golf skills I would make up for in bringing delicious beers and smack talk.

Monday we are hopefully going hiking, but the weather looks like it might not cooperate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pinkcow13 said:
    SBmini - Busy weekend! I've never had a deep tissue massage. Is it painful at all, while you get it?

@senecaf, I'm sorry, that is pretty stressful. I think maybe you should keep looking until you find something that you enjoy and that pays better. 

@doeydo, that is so cool! Let us know how it goes!

lolo883 - That's so awesome, congrats to FI! And the cake sounds pretty amazing.
    Yeah, they hurt. The guy pulls, pushes, and pries at the muscles in the mostly unsuccessful attempt to get knots out. I get massages monthly to help manage my muscle issues and I really, really, really needed it this time. I usually feel beat up for a day or two after my massage. Because my muscles were in such poor shape, the pain today is more than normal.
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    Friday success: I yanked the wire out of one of my bra cups because I got tired of it stabbing me. It is so comfortable now. I am working on pulling the wire out of the other side.

Friday failure: I still have not called that person and I'm seriously trying to figure out how I can just leave them a voicemail without actually talking to them :( I wish I knew their email address.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Well, my Friday has just gotten all kinds of weird: 

I was either fired or I quit. It is unclear.

...But we're all okay with it. Myself, FI, and my two supervisors. 

In other news, FI and I are headed to Oklahoma this weekend for his grandma's 90th bday. I've never met anyone that will be there except for his Mom. Yep. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:
    Friday success: I yanked the wire out of one of my bra cups because I got tired of it stabbing me. It is so comfortable now. I am working on pulling the wire out of the other side.

Friday failure: I still have not called that person and I'm seriously trying to figure out how I can just leave them a voicemail without actually talking to them :( I wish I knew their email address.

Dude, right there with you. I hate calling people (which is a problem because it's part of my job), and I have to call this woman and basically tell her too bad on her issue, there's nothing I can do to help because nothing was done incorrectly. I do have her email address but I told her I'd respond by phone. Sigh.
  • We don't have a ton planned for this weekend. I want to go see Planet of the Apes this weekend, so maybe we will go to the theater in the mall, have dinner, walk around a bit and make a full afternoon of it. Tonight I think we are going to go for a walk in a local park that has a nice bike path depending on how we feel. We also have a steak in our fridge that we will grill up at some point...possibly tonight. And of course chores/shopping as well. Can't escape the to-do list.

We might also be booking a trip to Vegas. We just got invited to a wedding there in late August, so we will be looking up prices today. If anybody knows of any super cheap Vegas deals on right now, send them my way. :)

• beethery said:

Dude, right there with you. I hate calling people (which is a problem because it's part of my job), and I have to call this woman and basically tell her too bad on her issue, there's nothing I can do to help because nothing was done incorrectly. I do have her email address but I told her I'd respond by phone. Sigh.
    The guy I have to call has gotten yelled at by someone we do business with, and it's a fuckup on both sides. I have to try to schedule something with him and I'm sure he got yelled at again yesterday for not returning my call. uuuuuuuuuuugh.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    beethery said:

The guy I have to call has gotten yelled at by someone we do business with, and it's a fuckup on both sides. I have to try to schedule something with him and I'm sure he got yelled at again yesterday for not returning my call. uuuuuuuuuuugh.

Boo :( all the wine for you!

• I managed to get his voicemail. Hopefully I don't have to talk to him until Monday.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

•  Yay to Fridays! It looks like everyone's up to something! :)

H and I are planning to go camping this weekend! We *love* camping, and this is the very first time we've been able to go this year. It's definitely a much needed weekend away together too! I work a 1/2 day Fridays, so I've been getting everything organized to go. That way we can leave once he's off from work! I'm pretty sure I have everything done, minus an overnight bag. I just need to load it all into my vehicle. It was raining earlier, but seems to have cleared up, so hopefully the weather will cooperate from here on! :P

We plan to get home Sunday afternoon, and I'll likely unpack, & do laundry. My dad's coming to town for work Monday, so we're meeting him for dinner that night. We haven't seen him since the beginning of June, so I'm excited he was able to work us into his trip! I'm also super happy, because he's bringing my make-up bag with him! Last time I was up to visit, I left it there. I don't really care too much about the make-up itself, but the make-up bag is amazing. Lol. I like it enough, that I didn't want them to ship it, incase it got damaged, or lost! (It sounds ridiculous, I know)! 

Anyways, I should get back to getting all of this camping business finished! 

Happy Friday!

*J
  • Went to Michaels on my lunch break. They have really nice watercolor brushes on clearance, plus an extra 50% off the green clearance price.

I'm probably going back tomorrow to buy more.

Anniversary
  • Gosh work was so busy today!

Vic and I were going to go tubing but it looks like its going to rain boo. It's been doing this for the past couple of days. So I guess we will stay in. I'll workout to my new dvds

Saturday my mom is coming so V and I are going out to lunch. Afterwards we are going to Sears since we have a gift card. We will see if we like anything. Then we are going to see Begin Again. I have the hugest fangirl crush on Keira Knightly so I'm excited!

Sunday I'll most likely work at one of my museum jobs. Also I should work out too. So overall it looks good!
  • Update: both cakes are delicious, as I'm currently nomming on all the chunks that aren't shaped like a 5.

Top half of the 5 (just the cake, not the frosting, and I skipped the nuts and raspberry filling and just did all cream cheese buttercream filling/frosting):

Bottom half of the 5 (minus nuts):

YUM ALL AROUND.

• SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Yay! I just got approval to move to another desk on another floor! Now I'll be far, far away from all the chatty people. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards