Not Engaged Yet

(very exciting) UPDATE: I already know you guys will think I'm BSC...

shaivanashaivana member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited July 2014 in Not Engaged Yet
Hey ladies! My OP about my SO's confusing behavior finally has a very exciting update... 

We ended up talking with our parents about what would be best as far as us going to grad school and wanting to start life together. We are very traditional so we don't want to move in before we get married but it's not very convenient to do things this way. We decided my SO is living in our home town for a semester to get things figured out before grad school and I'm moving to a different state to start grad school in the fall, then he'll join me in the spring to start school. We did decide it would be best to be engaged before we part ways for a bit so I knew he would propose before summer ended. 

Well... the proposal happened yesterday! He plays in the Army band and had a solo performance with them at the park. He does this cheesy act where he goes into the audience and serenades someone with his tuba and I got to see him perform it for the first time yesterday. I was also the person he serenaded and in the middle of the song he pulled out the ring and proposed!! All of our closest friends and family were there and it was perfect. My now fiancé and I can finally start planning our future together with that extra symbol of commitment and we are planning to get married in December or January! :) 

Thanks for all of the advice from those who posted, y'all helped me keep my head on straight and be patient. 

Re: (very exciting) UPDATE: I already know you guys will think I'm BSC...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards