Registry and Gift Forum
Options

STUCK and in Need of Ideas for Gifts for Parents (especially Mom!)!!

I am SO stuck on an idea of what to get my mother as a gift for everything she has done for me for my wedding! I want to get her something personal and something that she would really love... any thoughts?! She loves jewelry, but if I were to give her jewelry.. how do I make it something sentimental?

I do, of course, want to get something for my father as well, so any ideas for father of the bride gifts please feel free to share! 

Thanks so much!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com

Re: STUCK and in Need of Ideas for Gifts for Parents (especially Mom!)!!

• Options
    Would she wear something like these?

We got our parents all a double picture frame. One side will have one of our engagement pics, and we'll give them a wedding pic of us with them for the other side.

• Options
    It sounds odd but my parents are getting fitbits. Both are fascinated with mine and I know they want them but wouldn't get them for themselves. Is there something like that for yours?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    It sounds odd but my parents are getting fitbits. Both are fascinated with mine and I know they want them but wouldn't get them for themselves. Is there something like that for yours?

Good idea!
  • Options
    Thank you guys soo much for the great suggestions!! (@lolo883 @wandajune6 @smicheck)

@wandajune6 the fitbit is an awesome idea and definitely something I would not even think of myself! Definitely a possibility but I feel as though my mom might want something just a little more sentimental. BUT definitely keeping this in mind for a birthday/Christmas present at least!

@lolo883 Nordstrom's site is closed right now, ugh. but will check back tomorrow morning lol!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    When I think sentimental, I think "keepsake".  To that end, if you celebrate, what about an ornament for the Christmas tree?  I have small silver frames with pictures of both kids' wedding photos hanging on my tree.  (Every ornament on the tree has a memory attached to it.)  I was also given a beautiful lace handkerchief from my SIL's grandmother.  I use it as a doily under one of my bedroom lamps.  I think of the wedding day and his grandmother whenever I glance at it.  These are things I think about when I hear the word, "sentimental."

I did receive incredible cards from both kids that were detailed and heartfelt.  I will cherish those forever.

My daughter treated me to a mom/daughter day once they returned home and settled in as newlyweds.  We went out for mani/pedi's, a great lunch, and spent the rest of the afternoon just reminiscing about the wedding. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards