Destination Weddings Discussions

Name Change After DW

We just received our marriage license from the Bahamas. I was reading and it said our marriage would be recognized in the States. Did anyone have any problems with their name change with a foreign marriage license?

Re: Name Change After DW

• We are getting married in Jamaica so I would like to know of experiences with this as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I easily changed my name with my Australian marriage certificate. Start with the Social Security office first.

• @Jells2dot0‌ I know to start at social security first, lol. I was just wondering if anyone had any problems using a foreign marriage license to change their name. I didn't want to go wait in that line and then them tell me I needed something else or my marriage wasn't valid in the states. Thanks for your response!
  • @Jells2dot0‌ I know to start at social security first, lol. I was just wondering if anyone had any problems using a foreign marriage license to change their name. I didn't want to go wait in that line and then them tell me I needed something else or my marriage wasn't valid in the states. Thanks for your response!

You'd be surprised how many DON'T know to start with SS first!!

They had zero issue with my foreign certificate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards