September 2014 Weddings

Anyone else TTC right after marriage?

lgsdesignerlgsdesigner member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2014 in September 2014 Weddings

I have two children from my previous marriage, and my fiancé has none. Now that I turned 35 this year, we want to start immediately the final addition to our family…baby #3!

So—according to my cycle, I will be fertile on our wedding night and throughout the first day or so of the honeymoon. : )

We plan to start right after saying “I do!”

Who else is with me? Anyone starting immediately or really soon?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anyone else TTC right after marriage?

• Earlier this year I had a brain tumor removed and had to undergo radiation treatment. The delayed side effects can affect hormonal levels, which can make conceiving a little more tricky but its usually seen years down the road. We are planning to start right away after our Sept 26th wedding!! My pregnancy might be considered high risk but all my doctors say I'm good to go :)
  • I would love to TTC right after the wedding if I had my way but, I don't think we plan to until at least spring of 2015. It's going to be a long wait since I have major baby fever. :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @megis2121- Sorry to hear about the tumor, but very happy to hear you have the green flag to TTC. Best of luck to you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• That's great good luck to you guys!! We plan to wait 2-3 years. We're both 30 and we want to sell our starter home, buy our forever home, and see a few more countries before that comes along. 

• HH2BeHH2Be member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @Couggal12, I am in the same boat as you! I have the baby fever BIG time. A majority of my friends already have kids, some are already on #2. We aren't taking a honeymoon right away, as I am a teacher. We are going during my Spring Break in April. I don't want to be majorly pregnant or just pregnant & sick during our trip. We are planning to go to England & Ireland, our last big trip before kids, so I want to be able to enjoy it. But I think we'll start trying during our honeymoon.
  • @HH2Be that's what we're doing too, delaying our honeymoon until February of 2015 so I don't want to be pregnant until after then. It's so hard to wait! Haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• miss_nixmiss_nix member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2014
    We aren't going to start trying to conceive, but we are going to stop trying NOT to conceive after the wedding. If it happens, it happens :) If I'm not pregnant within 6 or so months, I'll start putting a little more effort into it. For now, we'll just have fun! :) Baby fever is definitely kicking in though!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not immediately after the wedding but we've talked about trying in March 2015. I hope we're able to then :)
    Anniversary

• FI and I aren't currently preventing conception. Haha! Due to some health issues I have it will be extremely tricky for us to conceive. I went off BC December 2013, and our wedding is Sept 2014.

No baby has been made yet, and a part of me has wondered "what if" I got KU before the wedding but the chances were so slim that it was only a passing thought most times - not even a worry.

Best of luck to all you ladies when/if you start TTC!

• miss_nix said:

We aren't going to start trying to conceive, but we are going to stop trying NOT to conceive after the wedding. If it happens, it happens :) If I'm not pregnant within 6 or so months, I'll start putting a little more effort into it. For now, we'll just have fun! :) Baby fever is definitely kicking in though!!!

I'm with you. We aren't trying to concieve, but we will no longer going to try to not have a baby. We are hoping to be pregnant within a year or two of our wedding.
  • Nope... One or both of us will need to make a serious career change before even thinking about it. We live comfortably enough right now and can handle mortgage payments, etc, but our schedules are so hectic. We only have Mondays off until the wedding.
  • I told my FI that I reaaallly don't want to be pregnant in the summer haha so we're waiting until after our annual trip in March to start trying. But if it happens before then, it happens. :-)
  • That is still up in the air there.  We both want kids, but we have both said we want to wait a little while before we try to have any mainly because we have been together 8 years and the first 4.5 of that I was going to college in another state then I came home and got a job, and we tried to get everything lined out for our wedding, well the first time didn't work out for many different reasons mainly due to family issues.  But I started graduate school 10 months after I got out of college and I just finished up this past May.  I just started my new job and I have 0 benefits of any kind until November at the earliest!  So I don't think it is going to happen any time soon mainly because where I work it is not a good idea to be pregnant unless you are spending most of your time outside of the classroom (HeadStart). So odds are to make up for some of our lost time we are going to wait a year maybe... Considering he is 33....
  • We've already been trying for a few months. Hoping this is the cycle. It would make a nice wedding gift :-)
  • @aeryfaery- Awesome....good luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards