Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• edited July 2014
    Not really a trend really, but I saw it and thought of you :P Haha Gross... ETF... links are hard http://tinypic.com/r/21lius6/8
  • Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    goldchocobo said: Marzipan13 said: The caption was "What a perfect idea for wedding decorations".

...Excuse me?  Are those umbrellas??  WTF!?
    --------------------sitb---------------------------------------------------
    Right?!  The only way this would be remotely cute is if the wedding was meteorology-themed.  Which I have yet to see.  ...And I would totally love.  
    (And even then, don't just toss umbrellas in your goddamn pool!!  Come on, people.  If this is acceptable, I might as well just throw my car's snow scraper on the dance floor.  "Oh it's our wedding decooooor!"  Gimme a break.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Yep, the hanging bridesmaid witch feet photos. I think this wins the WTF of the Year Award.
  • ohmygodno

noooooooooooooooooo
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• That is creepy as hell!!

My father is an amputee.  I'd be offended if I saw this, to be honest.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've an old acquaintance (one of those you go for years without talking to and pick up right where you were) who has created a Pinterest wedding board. She's not even seeing anyone, much less engaged.

I've already told her, that depending on her selections, she and I may have a come to Jesus moment or 12....complete with me smacking her yelling "NO! BAD!"

She's been warned.
  • Whap her on the nose with a rolled up newspaper, then withhold cookies.

"NO! BAD BRIDEZILLA! There will not be a gap/any fucking burlap/forced marriage jokes/skivvies in pictures/etc! No quadruple stuffed, mint fudge chocolate coated Oreos for you!"
  • http://www.rapturephotographystudio.com/las-vegas-bachelorette-party-photographer/

(Originally found on Pinterest as "such a cute idea for me and my girls!")

Uh yeah, no.  Gallivanting around town in my lingerie is my idea of hell.

(etf: link was being weird)  
    I did this a few weekends ago with my sisters for my sister's bach. I thought it was a blast, but none of us are very modest. We also went to a town where we didn't live and didn't know anyone. We took pictures, but only on a special private camera and only so we can see what happened the next morning. 

I can totally see not being comfortable with it. I would never actually take real pictures of everyone. I was only okay with being asked to do it because my sisters and I think doing this stuff is fun. I probably wouldn't do it with my friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Well, if we're talking umbrellas here....
    @JCbride treated my eyes to this amazing display of WTF on another thread. It deserves to be shared again. 
    My heart stopped when I saw this, at first I thought it was a weird suicide thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    larrygaga said: Marzipan13 said: http://www.rapturephotographystudio.com/las-vegas-bachelorette-party-photographer/

(etf: link was being weird)   I did this a few weekends ago with my sisters for my sister's bach. I thought it was a blast, but none of us are very modest. We also went to a town where we didn't live and didn't know anyone. We took pictures, but only on a special private camera and only so we can see what happened the next morning. 
    I can totally see not being comfortable with it. I would never actually take real pictures of everyone. I was only okay with being asked to do it because my sisters and I think doing this stuff is fun. I probably wouldn't do it with my friends. ------------------------------------SITB----------------------------------------------
    I could understand your way of doing it.  I think the reason
    that bride & her gallivanting rubs me the wrong way is because the photos are strewn on the internet for the world to see, and it looks like 2 of them are just not down with this idea.  Private pictures w/ sisters would be fun, I think :)  (it sounds fun anyway; I don't have any sisters lol)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmmmm...... there's sheets still on the bed. So nothing happened. Unless they remade the bed this morning, and yeah right like that doesn't end up with the sheets on the floor and kicked under the bed.

Oh, sorry, that's just us and probably TMI.
  • larrygaga said:
    http://www.rapturephotographystudio.com/las-vegas-bachelorette-party-photographer/

(etf: link was being weird)  
    I did this a few weekends ago with my sisters for my sister's bach. I thought it was a blast, but none of us are very modest. We also went to a town where we didn't live and didn't know anyone. We took pictures, but only on a special private camera and only so we can see what happened the next morning. 

I can totally see not being comfortable with it. I would never actually take real pictures of everyone. I was only okay with being asked to do it because my sisters and I think doing this stuff is fun. I probably wouldn't do it with my friends.
    ------------------------------------SITB----------------------------------------------

I could understand your way of doing it.  I think the reason that bride & her gallivanting rubs me the wrong way is because the photos are strewn on the internet for the world to see, and it looks like 2 of them are just not down with this idea.  Private pictures w/ sisters would be fun, I think :)  (it sounds fun anyway; I don't have any sisters lol)   It was fun!!! And those pictures will be locked away. I don't even really take selfies, so I really can't wrap my brain around posting nudies all over the internet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• An old HS acquaintance/Facebook friend was married last weekend and is already posting wedding pictures (she also changed her name and status later in the day during her wedding). 

Anyway, the whole wedding looked like it was littered with Pinterest stuff but this one hurt the most: the little ring bearer and flower girl holding stupid cutesy signs as they walk down the aisle. Luckily at this wedding, it was just the "here comes your bride" sign. Still, how much time and money is spent on these signs? Why do people think this is funny? Found this one on Pin and had to cringe... the kid doesn't even look happy. Probably HATES cake.

• An old HS acquaintance/Facebook friend was married last weekend and is already posting wedding pictures (she also changed her name and status later in the day during her wedding). 

Anyway, the whole wedding looked like it was littered with Pinterest stuff but this one hurt the most: the little ring bearer and flower girl holding stupid cutesy signs as they walk down the aisle. Luckily at this wedding, it was just the "here comes your bride" sign. Still, how much time and money is spent on these signs? Why do people think this is funny? Found this one on Pin and had to cringe... the kid doesn't even look happy. Probably HATES cake.

Yes signs in the processional are a waste of money and overdone. However, why does it matter that she changed her name that day and has posted pictures?

• peachy13peachy13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    emmaaa said:
    An old HS acquaintance/Facebook friend was married last weekend and is already posting wedding pictures (she also changed her name and status later in the day during her wedding). 

Yes signs in the processional are a waste of money and overdone. However, why does it matter that she changed her name that day and has posted pictures?

It was just that she changed her last name and relationship status at like, 7pm that day (during her reception) and was posting pictures the week following (during her honeymoon). This rubs me the wrong way when any bride does this because obviously the bride is on her phone on Facebook at vital life moments when she should be enjoying the moment... I certainly hope I don't even touch my phone on my wedding day and honeymoon. 

• emmaaa said:
    An old HS acquaintance/Facebook friend was married last weekend and is already posting wedding pictures (she also changed her name and status later in the day during her wedding). 

It was just that she changed her last name and relationship status at like, 7pm that day (during her reception) and was posting pictures the week following (during her honeymoon). This rubs me the wrong way when any bride does this because obviously the bride is on her phone on Facebook at vital life moments when she should be enjoying the moment... I certainly hope I don't even touch my phone on my wedding day and honeymoon. 
    I've known many people to do that and it is their prerogative. However, I do see you point I just don't see it as a huge deal.

• What do you guys think of this?  I don't like it, and I think it's kind of weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Caption: "This 'Fish Bowl Game' is a really fun twist on the tradition of clinking glasses together for the Bride and Groom to kiss. Instead the DJ draws names of couples who must come out to the dance floor and demonstrate a kiss that the Bride and Groom have to imitate. This is a ton of fun to watch and participate in."

WHAT?  Also, all these pictures are of the bride with either her new-H or someone who looks like her dad!  

• What do you guys think of this?  I don't like it, and I think it's kind of weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why.

Caption: "This 'Fish Bowl Game' is a really fun twist on the tradition of clinking glasses together for the Bride and Groom to kiss. Instead the DJ draws names of couples who must come out to the dance floor and demonstrate a kiss that the Bride and Groom have to imitate. This is a ton of fun to watch and participate in."

WHAT?  Also, all these pictures are of the bride with either her new-H or someone who looks like her dad!  

EW.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lol @OjitosVerdes carrying a tray of beer to the groomsmen is a thing? Glad you called that out. Is that for a 1950's themed wedding, or a "women are losers" themed wedding, or...? My bridesmaids will be too busy taking a shot of whiskey with me to be carrying any trays of nonsense.
  • Well, if we're talking umbrellas here....
    @JCbride treated my eyes to this amazing display of WTF on another thread. It deserves to be shared again. 

Mary Poppins on overdrive!
  • MagicInk said:
    eg72 said:

BARF
    A friend of mine got engaged shortly after me and her FI showed the ring salesmen her Pinterest board (fully blinged out with ridiculous rings). Of course, Kay's didn't have anything like it so he picked one he liked (and looks a lot like mine). He loves this ring and it is pretty but she has since told me that it isn't what she wanted.

A lot of good that did.
    What a twat.

My FI called my sister and asked her what kind of ring I liked... she conspired with my BFF, who sent her pictures off our SECRET Pinterest board of "hypothetical things I'd hypothetically like if I were to hypothetically get married." Sis left work, drove an hour to go to the store with FI, armed with pics on her phone. They chose something that had the 'antique vibe' I liked in the rings I pinned, not something that was identical. I love it because he chose it for me. 
    See that's what we have rings pinned on our boards for. Ideas of "oh hey I like things that kind of look like this" because we don't know shit about jewelry. When we "upgrade" we won't pick identical to what we pinned, but we'll have a vague idea of styles we like.
    Same with wedding dresses. It's for brainstorming.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards