Chit Chat

It Grinds My Gears...

When people tell me what I can and can not eat. I get it, I'm a big girl. Whatever. I also get that I told you I was going on a diet, which I AM. But if I want to eat a bloody oreo for the first time in a month and have a bologna sandwhich instead of a salad for lunch, I'm going to do it and as a grown woman, I would appreciate you shutting the eff up. If I want to eat myself into being the size of a house, I will. (But I won't. Because I want to look hot in my dress.) P.S. The oreo was delicious. And was double stuffed.

Re: It Grinds My Gears...

• I happen to know from experience that a double stuffed oreo can up your endorphins and make you very happy which is good for you. Sometimes when I have them in the house I end up VERY happy. I'm sorry people do that. People think you have to go hardcore deprivation to diet and that is the worst thing you can do. A double stuffed oreo, however, can really help you stay on track!
  • Now I want one of these.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I bought birthday cake m&m's at the store. H just stared at me. I'm going to savor them.

Anniversary
  • I hate when people make comments about what others are eating. 
  • chibiyui said:

I bought birthday cake m&m's at the store. H just stared at me. I'm going to savor them.

I must now find these obviously delicious little bits of heaven.

• I'm going to eat a metric fuck ton of little debbie zebra cakes later. Fuck what ya heard, I'm a grown lady and I eat whatever I want.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• chibiyui said:

I bought birthday cake m&m's at the store. H just stared at me. I'm going to savor them.

Stop the presses.

THEY MAKE BIRTHDAY CAKE M&MS?!?!?!11?!

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

http://www.amazon.com/Ms-Birthday-Cake-Flavor-Bags/dp/B00IDB0U3K

this looks good I may need to buy some soon.

Anniversary

• In my town 7-11 is giving away free Birthday Cake M&M's for 7-11 (July 11) week.
  • I just ate 6 golden oreos and 4 double stuff oreos. I'm very happy. If someone said, hey you're getting fat, better lay off the oreos, I'd do this

• Now I want oreos and peanut butter..... mmmmmm

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm reminded every day that I said I was on a diet to better fit my wedding dress. Then I'm offered junk food. Or given even more crap to stress me out.

I ate a nice, healthy salad today and what do I get? Comments about how I'll be hungry later.

Birthday cake M & Ms don't appeal but peanut butter M & Ms are my drug of choice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • What are birthday cake M&Ms? They sound... interesting.  I discovered peanut butter M&Ms when I was at International Music Camp and it changed my life forever lol. Also contributed to me needing to go on this diet lol
  • zebra cakes, mmmmmmmm. I want a whole chocolate chip cookie cake with extra frosting to myself on Thursday (which is my birthday).
  • Birthday cake m&m's are okay. They have that kinda fake frosting flavor to them, which isn't bad, but isn't great either. 

I'll just stick to solid chocolate from now on. 

Unless they come out with caramel m&m's, I'd cut a bitch to get caremel m&m's.

Anniversary
  • kimches said:
    Girl, I feel you. Everyone always tells me how skinny I am and then when I eat something that isn't healthy, they say "aren't you worried you won't fit in your wedding dress?" No. Otherwise I wouldn't be eating this ice cream. Back off.

And I just bought $14 worth of cupcakes. I inhaled the coconut one and it was DELICIOUS. Anyone who doesn't like it can back the eff off.
    HA there's a problem I haven't had (at my old job, someone asked me when my due date was....August the "I'm-not-pregnant-just-fat-so-shut-the-eff-up-you-tacky-bitch"-rd).

(No but seriously, people are stupid.)
    Anniversary

• krcbkrcb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I hate it too! I usually get the "you're eating so much food, you need to slow down before you gain!"
    I may not do the 4-5 small meals every day thing, but I maintained my almost exact weight for 2 years by saving the majority of my calories for dinner.

I only gained because my cooperating teacher in my internship made me stress eat out the wazoo (excuses)! Gained 10lbs in 2 months. ;) haha, yikes. Now trying to get back to where I was!!
  • chibiyui said:
    Birthday cake m&m's are okay. They have that kinda fake frosting flavor to them, which isn't bad, but isn't great either. 

I'll just stick to solid chocolate from now on. 

Unless they come out with caramel m&m's, I'd cut a bitch to get caremel m&m's.
    I really want raisin M&Ms. Might make me an old lady, but like a Raisinette with more chocolate and a candy shell sounds amazing to me.

• 1) Birthday cake M&Ms are wonderful.

2) I am an admittedly picky eater. I hate when people tell me, "You should try it, you might like it. How do you know you don't like it?" You are not my mother, I am a grown-up and you don't get to tell me what I should not like/eat. I like what I like and it has no impact on you, so leave me alone!
  • 1) Birthday cake M&Ms are wonderful.

2) I am an admittedly picky eater. I hate when people tell me, "You should try it, you might like it. How do you know you don't like it?" You are not my mother, I am a grown-up and you don't get to tell me what I should not like/eat. I like what I like and it has no impact on you, so leave me alone!
    THE BOLDED IS MY FUCKING LIFE. I am a picky eater because things taste WEIRD to me. 90% of the time, if there is an ingredient in a dish that I don't like, I will be able to taste it. Doesn't matter how it's cooked or how much someone nags me to try it, I'm going to be able to taste it and haaaaate it and look like an asshole. Which bothers me because I wouldn't look like such a dick if the person hadn't guilt-tripped me and made me feel like shit for not wanting to eat their onion/lettuce/pea/carrot/fennel seed sandwich.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• d2vad2va member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I had two cupcakes and extra frosting at my friends daughters 1st birthday.

• SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited July 2014
    beethery said:

1) Birthday cake M&Ms are wonderful.

THE BOLDED IS MY FUCKING LIFE. I am a picky eater because things taste WEIRD to me. 90% of the time, if there is an ingredient in a dish that I don't like, I will be able to taste it. Doesn't matter how it's cooked or how much someone nags me to try it, I'm going to be able to taste it and haaaaate it and look like an asshole. Which bothers me because I wouldn't look like such a dick if the person hadn't guilt-tripped me and made me feel like shit for not wanting to eat their onion/lettuce/pea/carrot/fennel seed sandwich.

-------insert fancy quote box--------

I am really not a picky eater anymore but FENNEL IS THE FUCKING WORST. Seriously. It and everytging in the anise family tastes like licorice and will ruin an entire dish.
  • No, the devil's weed is worse. Everything tastes like fucking laundry detergent. Even a tiny amount ruins everything. It's all detergent. It even smells bad. Then people try to sneak the damn coriander seeds in - just because it's a different name does not mean it's not detergent!

Yes, I seriously hate cilantro.
  • No, the devil's weed is worse. Everything tastes like fucking laundry detergent. Even a tiny amount ruins everything. It's all detergent. It even smells bad. Then people try to sneak the damn coriander seeds in - just because it's a different name does not mean it's not detergent! Yes, I seriously hate cilantro.
    Dill is the devil's weed. Not cilantro.

• I am a very picky eater. I've decided the only food I like is ketchup, because as long as there's ketchup available I can eat almost anything, but if I don't have ketchup I don't like a lot of things.  

Things I refuse to put anywhere near my mouth: Onions, tomatoes, and ground beef. I just don't like the texture.
  • No, the devil's weed is worse. Everything tastes like fucking laundry detergent. Even a tiny amount ruins everything. It's all detergent. It even smells bad. Then people try to sneak the damn coriander seeds in - just because it's a different name does not mean it's not detergent! Yes, I seriously hate cilantro.
    A family friend and her husband came up to visit my parents while I was in college and she offered to make dinner one night. We'd never eaten her cooking, and we soon decided we never would again.

She made lasagna, but she put CILANTRO IN IT. CILANTRO IN LASAGNA. WHAT EVEN.

I got home from school later that night, and got a big ol' serving of lasagna out and ate maybe two bites before I had to toss it. She put cilantro and cheddar cheese in the fucking lasagna. Cheddar I am ambivalent about, but cilantro is so fucking wrong. Apparently her husband even tried to stop her, but she gave him a death stare and said, "I know how to make lasagna."

No girl, no you don't.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    No, the devil's weed is worse. Everything tastes like fucking laundry detergent. Even a tiny amount ruins everything. It's all detergent. It even smells bad. Then people try to sneak the damn coriander seeds in - just because it's a different name does not mean it's not detergent! Yes, I seriously hate cilantro.
    A family friend and her husband came up to visit my parents while I was in college and she offered to make dinner one night. We'd never eaten her cooking, and we soon decided we never would again.

She made lasagna, but she put CILANTRO IN IT. CILANTRO IN LASAGNA. WHAT EVEN.

I got home from school later that night, and got a big ol' serving of lasagna out and ate maybe two bites before I had to toss it. She put cilantro and cheddar cheese in the fucking lasagna. Cheddar I am ambivalent about, but cilantro is so fucking wrong. Apparently her husband even tried to stop her, but she gave him a death stare and said, "I know how to make lasagna."

No girl, no you don't.
    OK, I am the opposite of a picky eater but that shit is not okay.

Honestly it sounds more like an enchilada than lasagna to me. Like, a really bad enchilada.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • My mom brought me some Smarties from her last trip to Canada. Seriously, they are taunting me.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards