Chit Chat
Options

Uber Crappy Monday- even Worse Wednesday. And the final decision is.....updates.

2»

Re: Uber Crappy Monday- even Worse Wednesday. And the final decision is.....updates.

• Options
    You and your mom rock and should win some kind of mom award.

Hopefully things get better for your daughter. The medicine and tlc your giving helps her. Help her enough that she makes the best decision for her. Fi and his family are something else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You and your mom are awesome. And so happy to hear things are looking better!

Soothing mom noises are the greatest thing ever. I once moved home for 2 months when I ended up homeless after a particularly wretched breakup. I'm convinced that it was my mom (and dad) cooking up a storm, making me endless gin and tonics, and lots of soothing mom noises that helped me get my head straight in a hurry.

If it makes you feel better, it all comes around. My mom now gets the soothing noises and babying that she's given me when she has stress from handling my grandmother.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You and your mom are both awesome.
  • Options

Congrats!

Can you still keep and/or send me the bar sign?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    YAY!  I was so nervous clicking to see the update, but this is great!

Get to work, SuperMom!  ;)

Anniversary

• Options
    Oh thank goodness! 

• Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you, your daughter and her FI! Let's hope the next couple months go by smoothly for all!
  • Options
    Good news! Your daughter (and your future son-in-law, for that matter! He's gonna need a functional mommy) is very lucky to have you.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    Congrats!  Glad to see things have worked out.
  • Options
    It's back on! It's happening! Ohmygod, I have so many things to do!
    I hope dingle FI and Weepy manage to keep it all together! YOU ARE AMAZING GOOD JOB AT LIFE!!!!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I totally missed this because I have been lazy about checking the boards, but if you ever need Seattle Knottie HH, call me lady! :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Angusaur said:
    @KeptInStitches, I've seen this on Bar Rescue. Not quite THAT many, but I've seen them do 4. They have these little metal separater things and it pours from the top first.When that's out, it goes to the next level, then the next. They have to be very accurate in the amount they pour in there.

I've seen these done and that's not really how it works. I haven't seen that episode of Bar Rescue, so I can't say what they did there. It just involves layering in a regular shaker cup. Usually grenadine at the bottom, some sort of juice (like pineapple with vodka, or orange juice) in the middle and blue curacao over the top. Put it in a shaker cup over ice with a strainer and be ready to pour steadily when you add the blue curacao. The blue sinks, so you have to act fast. As you pour, the blue comes out first (because it's layered at the top) and then the gradients go into the pineapple juice and finally into the grenadine. Each drink would taste differently because it's made up of different things (mostly blue curacao or mostly grenadine at the ends). Have enough total ounces to fill up your number of shots, proportioned correctly, and you end up with a pour that looks like this.

This video shows the Tipsy Bartender teaching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoVZoCmkdjY Note that watching Tipsy Bartender can lead to hours of lost time. Fair warning. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, 'Search for Paradise.' " - Kiba, Wolf's Rain

• Options
    I didn't see this post origionally, but so happy for your daughter! Go mama!
  • Options
    Missed this, but glad everything is going forward nicely!

But I will accept all forms of pretty lace. Thank you in advance. Sigh. Re embroidered, scalloped with pearls.... sigh.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards