Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How would you decorate?

We finally have our reception venue booked! The outside and the courtyard are absolutely beautiful but the ballroom the actual reception is in is small (they gave us the smaller ballroom since it's a smaller wedding of 30 or less). How would you decorate to make it look bigger or otherwise give it the extra "wow"? Our colors are chocolate brown and sage green. I don't like how the chairs look as they may clash with our colors...They offered chair covers and sashes for no additional cost but I'm not sure if I want to do that as I also dislike the look of chair covers.

Here's a picture. They had it set up for a small business lunch meeting when we toured the venue so it gave me a good idea of how it might look with chairs and tables:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How would you decorate?

• Options
    Depends on what your budget is, but boy having a small room is nice sometimes as you can work with fabric and make it like a tented room perhaps? Just a thought. Not sure what the venue would allow. I'd probably hire a custom light artist - they can sure change the mood/feel of a room with uplighting etc.. Good luck
  • Options
    I also agree with your chair covers sediment.  I dislike them too, as I find you get caught up in them sometimes and can trip.  Again, depending on your budget - I'd look at renting chairs from an outside source.  Or look online for alternative ways to secure chair covers... you never know.  The red ones as they are just won't do. :)

• Options
    @aroshoro Thank you for all of your help!

Our budget is tight so we don't have the money to rent out a bunch of chairs. :( 
    I saw in the brochure they sent me that they had other chairs for previous weddings that don't look so bad so I want to see if they'll switch them out for us. If not, maybe I can make these chairs work somehow? I don't know how yet but I'm sure I can figure *something* out...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards