Getting in Shape

We are doing this!

My finance and I sat down last night and talked about losing weight together. We are starting off by counting our calorie intake for the next 3 days. We will then drop our calorie intake down by 500 we will also start do stuff outside like throwing the ball around walking around our yard which is huge lol. We are going to start eating the proper serving sizes. My finance is cutting out most of the drinks other then water and one glass of tea or caffee a day. We are going to be each others motivation and try to help the other keep going. I would like some honest feedback please. We don't have any extra money to join a gym buy and extra p90x or the new stuff that is out. We would like to start juicing at least one day a week but not sure if that is good or not.
Thank u in advance
Amber

Re: We are doing this!

• Hey Amber! It sounds like you have some solid, sensible plans already (the best kind of plans!). 

For free workout tapes, try Bodyrock.tv. I have not personally done them, but friends tell me they're great--typically short, intense workouts that use body weight only, so you don't have to have weights or go out and buy anything. And did I mention it's free?

I also like to search "HIIT" (high intensity interval training) or "body weight workout" on Pinterest. There are a TON of short, effective exercise circuits on there. Otherwise, as you've wisely noted, walking is free, so do more of it! Those dorky "tips" like parking your car further or taking the stairs are definitely effective, ha.

My thoughts on juicing: Much like any other noun that has become a verb, this one seems like a trend to me. This is not to say that I don't enjoy the occasional green juice or smoothie, but I think drinking non-fibrous calories INSTEAD of eating real food is not a great idea.

It sounds like you and your FI are going about this sensibly. Good luck to you both! I hope you not only get the bodies you want, but feel super awesome as well. :)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Thanks for the workouts I will check them out for sure. :-)
  • My finance and I sat down last night and talked about losing weight together. We are starting off by counting our calorie intake for the next 3 days. We will then drop our calorie intake down by 500 we will also start do stuff outside like throwing the ball around walking around our yard which is huge lol. We are going to start eating the proper serving sizes. My finance is cutting out most of the drinks other then water and one glass of tea or caffee a day. We are going to be each others motivation and try to help the other keep going. I would like some honest feedback please. We don't have any extra money to join a gym buy and extra p90x or the new stuff that is out. We would like to start juicing at least one day a week but not sure if that is good or not. Thank u in advance Amber
    Good for you!  FI & I have recently become weight loss/work out partners too.

We both picked our own caloric goals and have been keeping each other accountable to staying with those goals, not eating crap, and making sure we spread our calories throughout the day.  We picked which day we were starting (like 2 days out from when we decided to) and made sure we got in our "last meals" of crap we probably shouldn't be eating.  Smaller but more frequent servings, fewer processed foods, more water and no soda has definitely made a difference.  We write EVERYTHING down.  It really does make a difference.

We also started biking together.  We bought a few upgrades to make the ride more comfortable and last week we did 5-6 miles/day for 5 days.  This week we've gone between 5.5-7.5 each day, with the last mile hooking up our dog and taking her for a run with us (which she LOVES).  It's pushed us to get that extra mile in and is great exercise for her too.  

He loses way faster than I do (always has) but he's made a point to point out where he can see/feel differences on my body even in the short time we've been doing it.  I've also been tracking measurements, so even if the scale has hardly budged for me between FI and my dressmaker's tape I know something's working! 

We're in the process of figuring out small rewards/cheat days for staying on track and hitting milestones (We're presently about 1/10th of the way to Rivendell).  Since we lose at different rates we're looking at doing joint milestones (% total lost between the two of us) as well as possibly substituting more leisurely workouts (like walking instead of biking) for "cheats days" as rewards for sticking to our diet & exercise goals for the 2 weeks prior.  I figure with my new job most of my individual rewards will revolve around shopping for new clothes (oh, darn!)  

We've both m/l decided that we don't miss eating out as much as we thought we would and are going to mostly save it for special occasions involving other people.  I think we may end up turning our back garage into a workout area before the winter so that'll be awesome too :)  
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I agree that HIIT workouts are great!  There are also some good ones on YouTube
  • Sounds Great!  Making the decision is the first step! 

I run FREE accountibility groups through facebook that you are more than welcome to join too! Let me know and I can get you added in to the one starting in a couple weeks. Your fiance can do it too!
  • frap33frap33 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Sounds like you guys are doing great amberleighangel1982

mckayla92688 - Can you send met the info for the facebook group?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards