Outdoor Weddings

Aisle Runner

My wedding is outdoors, any suggestions on whether to have an aisle runner and where to find one that will stay in place and not rip. I've seen reviews saying to get a fiber one or a linen one and one suggested to not have a runner at all due to the risk of people falling. Anyone have any advise to lead me in the right direction.
Please help!

Re: Aisle Runner

• My suggestion is to skip the runner. It is a huge trip hazard. With that said, I did have a runner. It was expensive though because I got a rubber backed carpeted runner. No heels poking through and it was heavy enough to lay flat.

http://www.rugstreet.com/CTGY/event-carpets-rugs.html
  • Don't use burlap :)

I'm going to make a crazy suggestion because I had a crazy embarrassing experience once. Maybe you could get wood panels (ply wood? Idk) that equal the length and width of your aisle runner and lay the fabric of your choice over that. Then your ladies won't get their heels poking holes through the runner into the dirt, tripping down the aisle and carrying the runner with them on their shoe as they go down. :)

image   image   image

• We're doing something along the lines of what @lilbet13 suggested; skipping the runner for everyone's safety and doing something to the sides of the aisle or the chairs to add a little bit of decor.  Our wedding planner had too many horror stories about runners on grass!!
    Anniversary

• Skip the runner! If there is any wind at all, you'll either have to toss it out at the last minute or stake it down like a tent! Maybe a flower aisle?
  • I was wondering about an aisle runner myself I kind of really don't want one.  I talked it over with my Nana, she's helping me plan most of the wedding, and she wants me to get a runner because she's worried about grass stains on my dress.  Is that really going to be an issue? I do have a train.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cwradford said:
    I was wondering about an aisle runner myself I kind of really don't want one.  I talked it over with my Nana, she's helping me plan most of the wedding, and she wants me to get a runner because she's worried about grass stains on my dress.  Is that really going to be an issue? I do have a train.
    @cwradford - whether you get married outside or inside the bottom, under portion of your dress will get dirty.  There really is no way around it.  As far as grass stains, you may get some faint marks, but unless you plan on rubbing your dress into the ground or rolling around in it then it lightly flowing across the ground is not going to result in huge stains.  And even if you do get some stains they will be on the under layers of your train/dress so they won't be seen even when bustled.

• gemi17gemi17 member
    First Comment
    I skipped the runner. And it all went fine!
  • I'd pass on the runner and opt for flower petals or some sort of decor going down the isle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Agree with all the above saying no--I don't think runners tend to photograph well anyway.  They get dirty, wrinkled, etc.  
  • edited July 2014
    I got married about a month ago outside.  We didn't have a runner, we decided to do something else for down the aisle.  We made these which turned out really neat.  We put flowers in them and they looked amazing.  You could also put candles in them later in the evening

• I wanted to bypass the runner because I was scared of heel snags, but I found a link to an etsy store (bighairandeyeliner I think) that had *side* aisle runners made of fabric petals. My wedding colors were yellow and she custom made them and they were perfect! I was thankful for them because my wedding was supposed to be outside and everything was set-up. Well, it started to rain the the only things that wasn't too cumbersome to move inside for our "plan B' location was the aisle runner. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards