Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Advice for Brides looking for a location - or Brides who have already chosen Punta Cana....READ ON!

Congrats brides! I just replied to a thread with the below but I also wanted to post this as a new thread in case it can help someone else.

I know picking the location to have our dream destination wedding was incredibly hard because we also had a budget.
We went all out with a 5* resort that our guests are still talking about. Everything was perfect.

We did the actual wedding offsite at a restaurant next door - WAY more personal than the converter belt of resort brides 3 times a day with tourists gawking at them. We gave our guests the cutest beach bags filled with goodies and we had photo/video for the whole thing. Best part was that our guests loved the location so much that many chose it for their next vacation...that is the best compliment. Between my husband and I we have traveled to all the usual spots of Mexico (all over), Cuba (all over), Florida (all over), Bahamas (Gran Bahama, Nassau), Barbados, Bermuda, and Dominican and this is seriously the best place where the people treat you well, the food is incredible and plentiful, the entertainment is great, the beaches are gorgeous and the price is right....

Details:

Resort: Luxury Gran Bahia Principe Esmeralda (superior service with butler included)
Ceremony/Reception Venue: Kukua Restaurant
Photographer/video: Blue Lagoon Studio
Honeymoon: Secrets Royal Beach (30 minutes away)
Guests giftbags: magicfeather.ca - they are presented to your guests at the airport upon arrival!
We were there total 12 days with the wedding week and 5 day honeymoon and it cost us $12000 for everything.

Hope this helps you! GOOD LUCK and enjoy the planning!!!

Re: Advice for Brides looking for a location - or Brides who have already chosen Punta Cana....READ ON!

• Options
    Was anyone concerned about the safety there? I am serious about Punta Cana but keep hearing comments about leaving the resort for the wedding from family...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hey melpaps, in all honesty, I have been to Dominican before and safety was never an issue. I originally considered Mexico for the wedding and some guests/family were not willing to come as they did not feel safe there. There should not be any safety concerns about leaving the resort, the whole area is all about tourism and we left both of our hotels a few times and not only walked through the local areas, but had a blast. Please do not listen to people that have not been there or are just reading media nonsense.
  • Options
    Thank you so much Jkrolak! Makes me feel so much better hearing that firsthand. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards